Range Rover Classic Info

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redflex

Need to contact Admin...
Looking for good reading and resources on Range Rover Classics.(mainly buying guide how to look after tips)

Looking to buy one for about £2K , for off roading in UK but maybe other places in the future.But still might need it run up and down the Motorways once in a while (and tow horse box).

Hoping to have etc money to modify and do some work depending on how fast and how much I can sell my lorry for.

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
Be VERY careful.

My nephew has recently done the same thing you intend. He bought a RR Classic for about the same price and has had nothing but trouble from day one.

As he drove it home it overheated, he had to get the RAC to tow it home.
He'd bought it privately and had no come-back on the b*****d (he found out the chap knew full well the RR was faulty) that sold it to him as he'd bought it 'as seen'.

The RR is prone to overheating because of blocked radiators, and blown head gaskets, and many many other faults as far as I can see YMMV.

Check out www.rangie.com
Do a Google search on RR problems.

I'm not saying they aren't very capable when running properly, but I doubt the wisdom of buying an elderly one without a VERY GOOD guarantee or very deep pockets.

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
Might be worth your while considering the series 1 Discovery, it was based on the Classic Rangie, they have the same chassis and wheelbase, so its off road abilities will be as good, most are 7 seaters too. Their getting on a bit now so the prices will be around what you want, personally I'd go for the TDi rather than the V8. (just bought a J reg 200tdi disco in reasonable condition for £500, myself)

But if you find a decent range rover for £2k, go for it, their much better looking than the newer bloated versions, just remove the icky plastic under bumper valences and take its lines back the original classic concept.

Andy

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
also try looking here they are also a very friendly bunch who will andwer any questions here go to the technical forum and then landrover
lou

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
I have a 93 TDi Classic with 202k on it and have not had a single bit of bother with it in 9 months that I've had it.

Got through its mot with only 2 rear discs and an exaust! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE