Please help save me from the scrap bin!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Hi, All,

Well, after a long enforced break away from all you good people, I'm now back up and running with a new workshop! I'm not going to bore you good people with the details of my pantomime of moving house, living in a caravan in a swamp and generally being out of touch with the real world, never mind the connected world!

Waking up each morning to the sound of banjos is unnerving enough without having to re-live the experience!

Anyway, the last three blades from my last workshop were unearthed as I got this latest one sorted out. They ain't the finest example of the blacksmiths art, neither will they bring joy to the heart of any woodworkers with their wondrous finish and aesthetically pleasing design...

...Oh, the hell with it, they're rubbish!

The grinds are all over the place and the handles aren't likely to grace the hallowed cabinets of any collectors. The leatherwork has picked up a few marks on the way and there are parts of the handles that could do with a bit more, er,...finishing.

I'll let you make your own minds up:

sheaths.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

buttcaps.jpg

They are all from 01 tool steel, with Pere David bolsters, yew handles, brass pins and ramshorn butt caps. The handles and the leatherwork are all finished with Ren Wax.

So, I've got two choices, bin the lot and never speak of them again, or release them into the wild and let some discerning people use them as a good solid beater that will give a lifetime of use and abuse, but never, sadly, win any beauty contests!

I feel that I should be paying some of you good people to re-home these, but my doctor tells me that those feeling will soon pass if I keep on with the meds, so how about £45.00 paypalled and delivered to UK addresses? (Over 18's only of course)

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Bloody good price those. I think they are great and If I needed another knife... didnt actually need the last two.
Leatherwork is real nice too.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
The one with the darker rams horn, on the right, top pic, has a 110mm blade and is 3mm,ish thick. They are hidden tang, with about double the width of steel in the handle than you would normally get with a standard stick tang.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
20140514_103825_zpsdc1a778c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got this this morning. It looks much better in the flesh than in the photo. I was shaving sharp too and I have bald patch on my arm to prove it. It passed the paper cutting taste too. The only draw back for me is the handle is not quite big enough for my over sized mitts that is true of 80% of all my other knives to though sadly. I can't see how you could go wrong with one of these for the money that is being asked for them. Thanks Juttle I am very pleased with it.

Thomas74

May 12, 2014
Suffolk,England
I don't know if you fancy a crkt Hammond cruiser for a trade with one?; (probably not)
They don't look bad atll wish I had the money to spend but it's all tied up 😬

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
20140514_103825_zpsdc1a778c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got this this morning. It looks much better in the flesh than in the photo. I was shaving sharp too and I have bald patch on my arm to prove it. It passed the paper cutting taste too. The only draw back for me is the handle is not quite big enough for my over sized mitts that is true of 80% of all my other knives to though sadly. I can't see how you could go wrong with one of these for the money that is being asked for them. Thanks Juttle I am very pleased with it.

Looks like a beauty that one, good catch- just beat me to it! How big are your hands?- not being weird just trying to figure out if one of the others will fit my big square hands! Cheers Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
No, not rude at all. I've not handled many of CRKT's offerings, but from what I've seen, they're quality goods, so, as far as I'm concerned, offering a quality item in exchange is something of a compliment!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Looks like a beauty that one, good catch- just beat me to it! How big are your hands?- not being weird just trying to figure out if one of the others will fit my big square hands! Cheers Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To give you an idea the Mora HD fits my hand perfectly like it was made for me. Most other knives seem to leave my little finger right at the edge. To be fair it is not that I am lacking in grip or control with average knives it is more a psychological thing.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Bob makes nice knives. I have one.

I may brave the mother in law soon mate to catch you again, but it takes many months to brave it again after I see her.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE