Pelican canoes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I`m thinking of buying a canoe this summer and I wonder if anyone have some experience with Pelican canoes? Are they worth the money?
I`ve read some reviews on the pelican brand and some hate them and others like them.
I`m mainly thinking of the Colorado model , but a review of other models is also welcome.

Tor Helge

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
The best place to get a Pelican / Coleman canoe is Costco. If you can catch them when they are in stock it is less than £300.

As to the canoes themselves they are pretty bomb proof and capable. The only downside is they are heavy to carry. once on the water this is not an issue but can be a chore to get out and load on the car then unload and get into the water.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I am also in the throws of deciding what to buy, budget being strictly limited, I was up in Weardale today, talking to a chap who imports Evergreen boats and he had cedar strip boat on a trailer £2500+. I couldn't help take a few pictures!

I've just registered on SoTP for advice etc. so We'll see!

best of luck anyway Tor
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE