pedal power

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Just thought Id post a few pictures of how I collect my wood for messing about with :)

P2080003.jpg

P2080002.jpg

P2080001.jpg

its amazing what you can shift without a car all you need is a bike and a home made trailer

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Excellent! I've ridden home with 6' long, 4" diameter tree trunks tied along the top tube of my bike for bowmaking...I got some funny looks:confused:.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That's brilliant.:cool:

Is it not not a bit hairy coming down hills?
(Never had a push bike with disk brakes before. Had to ask. Trying that on my bike could be interesting bordering on painful.)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
no not really the main problem is people in cars pulling out on front of me thinking that im going to stop for them :confused: if i brake really hard it sometime pushes the back wheel of the bike out :rolleyes: . It hasent happened with this bike yet its got hydraulic disc brakes :lmao:

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
How is it attached? I build a trailer out of wood, works well enough and I used both pannier attachment points to attach mine.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey Russ - can I pinch those photos? Some guys on my home forum would love to see that! Did you make it yourself?

Red

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
How is it attached? I build a trailer out of wood, works well enough and I used both pannier attachment points to attach mine.

its a universal hitch made from some pipe and a bit of plumber pipe bending spring and some steel cable it fits onto the quick relase for the back wheel

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hey Russ - can I pinch those photos? Some guys on my home forum would love to see that! Did you make it yourself?

Red

yes I made it myself but I got someone to weld it up for me it was originally bolted together which held together fine :)
And yes you can use the pics if you like ;)

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
i would love a trailer like this for moving my kayak about. spent last year duck taping my kayak onto the bike, then wheeling it to the local river. annoying in the extreme.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Warthog i once rode from seafield to crossgates with a 8. foot oak log found on the beach.
Boys in blue advised me to leave it just short of puddledub and collect it later .
I did, by bike.
Soloman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE