pay it forward 'chartube' take 2!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Biddlesby said:
Thought for a next version - if the tube was carbon steel then you could strike it with a flint to land embers easily directly onto the charred end. This might be tricky to make! But I'm not complaining - many thanks graham.

What a great Idea - I wish I had the skils / facilities to have a go at produceing one:(

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Out of interest what have you guys tried lighting them with? I am curious to know if anyone has used iron pyrites and flint or perhaps a 'friction coal' ?

I have used a number of ferosteels and they all are really easy to light and my firesteel from Dave Budd (member here, but no assosoiation bar happy recipient!) which is almost as good

If i can get some pyrites i will definatly be trying that and if I ever manage friction by hand or bow i'll be throwing that into the ring as well but I see that as a long way off! :(

dean2

Jan 21, 2006
surrey
sounds like every body loves your little gadget, looks and sounds pretty cool, maybe if you do them again, i might be a bit quicker....lol

that snow last night was awesome it looked fantastic this morning on my way home

Dee

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Great stuff Graham, well done, very generous and unique giveaway. :)

Great to see people using these. I've used a tinder tube for a couple of years and I've never understood why it hasnt really caught on. Perhaps now it will. :)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
eek! - you are not sugesting I may have started a trend are you!? - I've never been trend setter before! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE