pay it forward 'chartube' take 2!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
After the sucess of my first batch I've made another 1/2 doz up and this time i'm making them available to the 'evening croud' (to share the love to those that don't sneek a look while at work!;) )

Also as you have seen they have now been named CHARTUBE'S :D

What are they you may ask!? - well in esence they are charcloth in a convenient transportable holder.

To use you push up the burnt end out of the 'tube' and then light with a spark (I have tested them with fero rod and good ol flint and steel and they work a treat!) then you just blow gently to create a larger ember then use this to transfer to your tinder.
To extinguish you just gently pull the glowing tip back into the tube and then cover the end (I use my finger but it can be a tad warm so I suggest you use a leaf, bit of bark etc) the delicate charred end is then protected till the next time you need to use it.

I have promised Biddlesby (who missed out on round 1) first place in the que .........

.... So....... the next 5 to pm me their address gets one in the mail :)

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
PM sent
You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
strewth that was quick! - all gone!

6 minutes :eek:

• Biddlesby
  • The Joker
  • Too Much Kit To Carry (soon to have another bit! :lmao: )
  • mojofilter
  • ScottC
  • Tadpole
will be in the post tommorow chaps!

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Picked mine up this morning. Looks to be a great toy - I have not have much success with charcloth in the past; not due to my production process, just that I haven't been able to get hold of the right stuff. But this (lamp wick?) holds an ember really well.

Problem is I don't have any flint and steel or ferro rod kit where I am now. So I have a challenge to light fire with no prior kit other than this charred cloth! Picked up some cramp ball, dry sphagnum moss and birch bark from the local woods. Now have to find a flint lying around and hit it against all sorts of things around the house until I find something that throws good sparks.

Thought for a next version - if the tube was carbon steel then you could strike it with a flint to land embers easily directly onto the charred end. This might be tricky to make! But I'm not complaining - many thanks graham.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE