Northern Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Would you like a Northern Bushmoot

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bothered

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi All, sorry for the slow response.

I need to get to the site and talk to the management, I am intending on having a Christmas Moot up North this time so we'll get it sorted.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Is there a comfirmed date for this, I would be extremely interested (sorry tried to skim read 88 posts but might have missed the date if already posted :D)

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Sounds great and local for me too. Calderdale is a lovely area.

Unfortunately they say on the website.
Camping at Hebden Hey is restricted to members of the Scout and Guide Organisations.
:(

Stu

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Correct, [I had read it] And no camping after the end of October. So may not be an appropriate site. However, a lot of scout sites are OK if you ask before hand. Its not a sealed off wood. Anyone can wander about in there. And having walked through there, there are a number of camping sites, throughout the wood, with fire pits etc.
I dont know if the scout camp sites are owned by the national trust. Or if the sites are owned by the council. And the national trust owns the woodland surrounding the camp sites.......
I, or someone else could do some digging......Theres an email address on the link to the scout site. If its considered as a site, then I dont think I should be sending him an email, asking if I could camp there for the night as an individual.
I would think they would be more receptive to an organised event.
Someone else will know more about this kind of thing im sure, [any scout master members?].......I just know the place, and it is pretty impressive......

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Emailed the local scout troop. They replied saying its only for scouts, and I should try the warden at Hardcastle crags. Called him, and there is absolutly no camping allowed......:dunno:

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Hi all, new(ish) to Bushcraft and live 30mins away from Delamere and would love to come to a moot/meet. I'll be keping an eye on this thread to find out what's planned.

Chris

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
the exsact centre of uk is dunsop bridge so above there is north below is south

Anything north of watford gap is north for most southerners and anything south of leeds is south for alot of us northerners :D and anything in between is no mans land

Delamere sounds like a plan. And not far from SWMBO's folks which is handy for me.

Any further news on the meet?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE