Northern Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Would you like a Northern Bushmoot

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bothered

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Definately!
There are the Scottish, North Wales, North West, North East meets along with some meet ups in Derbyshire and other places I think a Northern meet would be really popular and give bushcraft a boost up here.
I know that Forest Camp at Delamere would be a suitable venue, and I am sure there would be several more such as Beacon park and a few venues in the lakes.
I know from conversations round the fire that people up here would help with organisation and I have discussed the possibilities at Forest Camp with the wardens in the past. It is a site with plenty of camping areas, lots of space for hammocks and full facilities including buildings with bunkhouse accomadation, for those bushcrafters that don't camp or spouses/families that may want to attend. There is a dutch barn and a couple of rooms suitable for classrooms or space for parachutes marquis for further teaching/admin areas.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I think it's a great idea, I only hope it'll be on when I'm in the country. The moot this year seems to be when I'm at sea :(
Delamere is a great location too.

It sounds like a great idea , however would the northern moot be as popular as the southern one , I dont mind making the trip down there as I know there will be a lot of people to learn from, what I am trying to say is would we want to split the moot with fewer people at each , I think different dates would be a must so those who wish to go to both still could

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Oh no the idea would be to have a Northern Moot as well as the main one in Wales.
We want some action up here AS well. Dont forget our Scottish friends, it must be a fair old trek for them to get down to South Wales.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Sounds like a good idea, it would make it easier for me to get to as well, as long as SWMBO lets me go :rolleyes:

Brian

Wayland

Hárbarðr
One of the reasons I originally moved to Manchester was that it is physically the same distance to London as it is to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

I travel around the country a lot and I needed to be near the middle and have good access to the motorway network.

I've never quite understood why people in the Midlands seem to think they are in the middle? London certainly isn't, although people there seem to think they are in the middle of the World for some reason. ;)

Given that this is a UK forum and that includes Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England it seems to me that Cheshire is a good centre.

It's not far from Manchester Airport for our overseas friends as well.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
bothyman said:
I put Yes but it all depends on how far North?????? :confused:

Anything North of Inverness would be good for me.

MickT
I like the sound of a Northern Moot, but I agree with some of what bothyman says. How far north is north. To me North would have to be over the Border, or near to it. Yorkshire/Lankashire is the far South to me. If you mean the north of England then that should be said :D

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Definitely, I would have thought north of Manchester would give more opportunities than south, but I’m interested.

AJB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE