North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
i think that land is part of the blagdon estate and viscount ridley is apparently not too keen on that sort of thing. (not that i'm condoning this sort of thing, extra sneaky time!)

plenty of local farms around he area then, im sure plenty of farmers will be happy to make tenner on the side provided you dontburn too much wood

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've wild camped at Kielder and over in the lakes, but Kielder does have a load of bothies too. I've stayed at The Green and Kielderhead, both of which have been good fun. With the bothies it's a good idea to arrive with a couple of hours of daylight left though, otherwise collecting firewood becomes quite tricky. I am open to new adventures, so if either of you guys have something in mind then I'm happy to go with the crowd.

I'm up in Glasgow this coming weekend, but, depending on family commitments, I may be able to get away the following weekend.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
i fancy a toby around keilder ! how do u get up there ? i know the 685 bus from mine stops at hexham but im lost after there for bus numbers ! any info greatly welcomed.

cheers andrew.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I usually drive and leave the car somewhere. I've been considering getting the train to Bardon Mill and walking north over Hadrians Wall into the southern edge of the forest though. Means I don't have to work about the car getting broken into.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I usually drive and leave the car somewhere. I've been considering getting the train to Bardon Mill and walking north over Hadrians Wall into the southern edge of the forest though. Means I don't have to work about the car getting broken into.

wor kid and his pal used to park up on a side road near to loch ken and walk 2 miles to camp ,it was never broken into once !
but surely there's a bus to keilder ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE