'ning!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hello all,
Just signed up to the forum, after reading a whole bunch of the posts over the last week or two. Very interesting reading! It's time I introduced myself so here's a wee bit about me:

I've been camping out in the wilds for as long as I care to remember, and gradually picking up bits and pieces of woodcraft along the way. Over the last couple of years I've picked up the pace a bit and I'm currently trying to absorb as much information as possible - particularly in the areas of foraging and working with wood (and the relevant axe/saw skills which are sorely lacking at the mo!). Not particularly into the survival aspects of it all, more into making one's self comfortable with what's freely available in Nature, without making a mess. The next experiment is to try the old hammock/hootchie combo.

I had the pleasure of attending one of Woodlore's Primitive Skills courses a couple of years back and am still very proud of the bow that Ray and Chris Boyton helped me make - it's come on a fair few adventures with me (but the only blood it's drawn was that of a mate of mine who got a nasty nick from a badly fledged arrow...). Ban Golf and bring back Roving, that's what I reckon!

Other interests include most things you can do outside - fishing, shooting (targets mainly - had extraordinarily bad luck every time I've shot a rabbit - must be karma!), messing around in boats, the whole gamut.

I'm based in Essex, but it's not my native turf, so if anyone can share good places to visit or spend the night out here, or if you'd like to meet up and share knowledge, drop me a line. I'm a bit unsure about where it's possible to go - back in Scotland the rules were different, and I had friends with land I could use which made it easy.

Cheers all,
Looking forwards to learning some more from you all.
Neil

M

marcja

Golf....mmmmmm

Walking along a PUBLIC fotpath a few months ago and golf ball nearly knocks me out..

The golfers response: watch were your going mate!!!

Anyway, welcome to you, & enjoy the forums :)I do :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE