Nikon D80

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Christmas has arrived early ! I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D80 I am sitting pawing through the manual and cannot wait to get out and start using it:D

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Oh, I so want one of those - I'd be really interested to know what you think of it when you get to grips with it.

What did it replace?

Cheers

Andy

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Also used to have one - very very good camera... a 'real' DSLR! Happy shooting and lets see what you manage with it. Always great to see others' photography!

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Oh, I so want one of those - I'd be really interested to know what you think of it when you get to grips with it.

What did it replace?

Cheers

Andy

Andy
I was using a Nikon F301 35mm film camera and a Nikon coolpix 2100, 2 megapixel compact camera. It was the coolpix 2100 which I used for the photos I have posted on BCUK at different times. I will let you know how I get on with my new baby :D

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I went out today with my new Nikon D80 and took a few photos all the photos were taken with the 18-70mm DX 1:3.5-4.5G ED lens that came with the camera.
I have found that the button and menu layout are all very easy to use it's still early days with the camera finding out what it can do :D

Formby001.jpg

Formby016.jpg

Formby014.jpg

Formby004.jpg

Formby015-1.jpg

Formby031.jpg

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I bet you're pleased with your cracking results - all on automatic I assume. What was the additional light source for the close up.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I bet you're pleased with your cracking results - all on automatic I assume. What was the additional light source for the close up.

Yep all on automatic for the close up I used the close up setting and the built in flash on the camera. I am very pleased with my first few photos:D

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
You know I didn't know it had a built in! That's amazing coverage for close up - not much of a shadow from the body.

Very impressed, have fun.

Is it as fast as a film camera, or do they still have that delay?

Digital SLRs have no delay, nor do most reasonable compacts (a few mobile phone cameras have horrible delays still).

Indeed the Nikon D90 can shoot 4.5 frames per second continuous.

The Gadget Show recently compared high-end film with high-end digital SLRs, blowing up the final images to *huge* building-size posters. The digital image won hands-down in terms of sharpness, colour, shadow and highlight detail, etc.

The biggest pain of film was only 36 shots, then a couple of minutes to 'reload', worrying about light and dust getting in to the camera. Digital can capture hundreds of images before changing cards, plus card swapping takes seconds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE