Night visitor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
As the Eid holiday was on, we decided to have a couple of nights (3) out in Sinai this last weekend. On the third night, we had just finished a game of cribbage when, around 9pm, Skye darted to the edge of our awning. Seeing something move, I called her back thinking it was maybe a camel spider... Looking closer, I found this little critter.!!!
TheyreBadForYou.jpg

About 25cm long (seems smaller in the pic.), this sand viper was about three-quarters grown, and surprisingly unaggressive, only wanting to get away from us. I took him about a hundred metres from our camp and let him go by a palm thicket. Returning, I traced his trail, and found it had passed under SWMBO's chair, about 6 inches from her feet :eek: . That was just about the time she decided it was time to get zipped up in the tent for the night :rolleyes: .

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
To both questions, yes, nastily venomous and could be lethal to a childer, older peeples or somebody with rundown metabolix. As I said, this one was surprisingly non-aggressive, and I'm now having doubts (they fill up every ashtray) as to whether it was a sand viper or a saw-scaled viper :confused: . He seemed to make a hissing noise as he moved (why do I keep saying HE???), and checking out the sites, saw-scaled vipers' colouring seems to vary widely, so I would tend to go with this. In any case, yes, they are both pretty venomous, but as we didn't cause him (there I go again....) any cause for concern, he was fairly non-comittal :lmao:
(I hope you appreciate the non/miss/wrong spellings.... I got OOOO levels ya know.!! :p )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE