Nice touch from Woodlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
My daughter reciently decided that she wanted to send an email to Ray Mears at Woodlore. (she is 7 years old) She asked a number of questions about why he did certain things. A reply was promptly sent back, and a request for her home address, which we provided. 2 days later a gift arrived from Woodlore. It totally made her day. I have to take my hat off to Woodlore. They delighted a little girl, and Ray has a new fan. A Big Thank you to them.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
sandbender said:
Can I ask what the questions were?

And the answers? :D

A nice bit of PR and a reflection IMHO of the way RM thinks.

I have noticed recently a bit of "celeb knocking" creeping in.I know it's a British disease but it would be nice to keep it out of BCUK. :rolleyes:

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
BorderReiver said:
I have noticed recently a bit of "celeb knocking" creeping in.I know it's a British disease but it would be nice to keep it out of BCUK. :rolleyes:

yeh, it does seem to happen doesnt it! :( cant people just leave folks be if they do well for themselfs. i do know that there are people who activly seek the fame - not even gonna try and defend them... :D

ANYWAY... top marks to woodlore, nice to see there are companies out there that take customer care seriously :)

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
JoshG said:
Why with the confusement? I was simply giggling because khimbar made a good point. Ray Mears = clearly a nice bloke.

Apologies then. :) I thought for a moment that was a cynical comment. Having met RM a couple of times I am impressed by his humility and the time he has for everyone.

Cheers,

Richard

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I've never met him, but have absolutely no doubts he is a very genuine and sincere person, I think it says a lot about the world we live in when a "celebrity" is remarkable simply because they have a real talent, and behave in a decent way. He has proved to be a real hero to my kids, and as a consequence I have learned more than just practical skills from him.
Cheers Ray.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
khimbar said:
What I don't understand is why we're surprised Ray Mears is nice and cares? :confused:

I don't think we're surprised,just pleased. :D

It is always a pleasure to hear of good things happening to people,we get too much of the other stuff.

Well done Woodlore,keep it up. :cool:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Celt_Ginger said:
My daughter reciently decided that she wanted to send an email to Ray Mears at Woodlore. (she is 7 years old) She asked a number of questions about why he did certain things. A reply was promptly sent back, and a request for her home address, which we provided. 2 days later a gift arrived from Woodlore. It totally made her day. I have to take my hat off to Woodlore. They delighted a little girl, and Ray has a new fan. A Big Thank you to them.

I am happy to hear that, its fun to see when companies show some heart.
cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE