Newbie Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
Hi there,

I'm trying to reply to a message posted in the Member Classifieds, I understand that I cannot post (create a new thread), as I am not a full member (subscribed). But should I not be able to reply anyway?

My account has been verified and I've been an active member for coming up to a month I think.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If he cain't create a new thread and he cain't reply, how does he get that 10 posts? But for that matter if you cain't create a new thread how did you open this one? I'm confused.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
If he cain't create a new thread and he cain't reply, how does he get that 10 posts? But for that matter if you cain't create a new thread how did you open this one? I'm confused.

As a new member you can't post in either the Member Classifieds or Swap Section. You need 10 posts, to do so.
He can create a thread in every other section on the forums, including Swap section if he has 10+ posts, though not in member classifieds - as he isn't a FM.

If you'd join up and become a FM before you reach 10 posts, I reckon that'll override the fact of being a new member and makes you able to post in any part of the forums.

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
Weathers a bit rubbery, southey. Blue one minute, torrential downpour the next. Doing well though, I'm thick into the final month before my wedding so no time to retreat into the woods.

Pity.

Thanks all for the update in posting quota, I guess this one wil help, plus I'm keen to do some kit reviews when life calms back down.

Looks like I might miss out on the tarp though.

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
Well I've recently picked up two camelbacks, the new ambush 500 and motherlode as a pre-wedding treat to myself, I have a honey moon in mexico so I reckon both packs will get used throughout, we've got some great 48 hour treks planned. I've picked up a carving axe based on a bargain spotted by a forum post here, trying to find the odd snippet of time to play with green wood carving. fun bits here and there.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well I've recently picked up two camelbacks, the new ambush 500 and motherlode as a pre-wedding treat to myself, I have a honey moon in mexico so I reckon both packs will get used throughout, we've got some great 48 hour treks planned. I've picked up a carving axe based on a bargain spotted by a forum post here, trying to find the odd snippet of time to play with green wood carving. fun bits here and there.

Now that sounds like fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE