New Users Cant Verify? Email Server Outage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I've know for a while that the email server has been down for BCUK, hence no notification of replies to threads, but my concern is about new user registrations.

Is the BCUK email-server down completely?.. because I've been recommending a friend to the community for a good while and finally got him to sign up, however he hasnt recieved the verification email thats required in order to activate his account. We've wait about three days but it still hasnt come through. So does this mean for the whole duration the email server is down that new users cannot sign-up and use the community?

If there is anything I can do to help out with the email situation just let me know, I might be able to help. I have my own online server and host dozens of websites and domains.

Thanks for your time and help.

Apr 6, 2007
South Wales
As a new user I encountered the same problem. I was able to use the PM system so I sent a message to Tony as he was listed as the site admin. My account was then activate manually.

Tony suggested sending a PM to Timon for any other problems as he looks after the sites technical bit. Hope that helps.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
I believe any and all emails which the forum normally sends automatically are not working right now. This should be fixed when the new site goes live and we move to the new server, but until then it has to be done manually. Like moche said drop Tony or Timone a PM with the details and they will try to sort it.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Some email notifications are getting through and some not, which I know isn't ideal, but if your friend has signed up he should check his account to see if it's been enabled manually, practically all new members are being checked by us and approved (or not some times) all those that are approved should be able to log straight in without a problem.

Sorry for the hassle, we'll have the new site live soon (15th) and this won't be an issue any more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE