New Sleeping Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
Hi,

I need to buy a new sleeping bag. I have looked up previous posts but I have some concerns.

I was considering a 3 season down bag and a liner that I could possibly use year round in Ireland but considering the dampness of our climate should I go for a synthetic bag?

I have had a highlander 2 season down bag in autumn with a highlander liner and had bad nights.

Can anyone recommend me a good bag

Thanks

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
down bags from either roberts.pl or alpkit.com. Down wins every time, hands down. Smaller bulk, less weight, longer lifespan etc. The only minor con is that they are somewhat more sensitive to moisture. But I think it is good practice to keep your sleeping bag dry at all times, since it can be a vital piece of equipment. And it is really not so much more sensitive, this is usually vastly exaggerated by synthetic bag users.

Yes they cost a bit more, but they last 10 times longer.

All sleeping bags are sensitive to sparks and fires.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Go for an ex military Arctic sleeping bag - good for minus 20 in Afghanistan! Or a Snugpak synthetic.

Another vote for the ex military bag, cheap as chips and personally tested to around -9 with a bivy bag and no worries at all.

Weighs about the same as a baby elephant but i am always guarenteed a good nights sleep ;) i just stop more often..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE