'New mammal' seen in Borneo woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Jon Pickett said:
Yes I heard this, I have also heard that it is Bagpus............Jon

Surely that would be "bagus" in Bahasa Indonesia?

What a wondrefully erudite chap that Nick Isaac is.
Nick Isaac said:
"One of the photos clearly shows the length of the tail and how muscly it is; civets use their tails to balance in trees, so this new animal may spend chunks of its time up trees too."

It has a "muscly" tail, and might spend "chunks of its time up trees".

Thankyou Dr. Isaac. You have had your five minutes of fame, and may kindly leave the stage.

K.

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Is it possible that it is an offspring from a colony of escapees (private zoos, collections etc.) ?

There are various animals around the UK that really shouldnt be here :D

As for the quote from Dr Isaac, I think he is attempting to talk 'street' and be 'hip' with the 'yoof' of this country :lmao:

Greywolf

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Greywolf said:
As for the quote from Dr Isaac, I think he is attempting to talk 'street' and be 'hip' with the 'yoof' of this country :lmao:

Greywolf

Innit?!

Correct use of language isn't a priority in teaching any more. A friend of mine has First class honours BSc and a PhD in Biology but he can barely hold a pencil or string a coherent sentence together. Luckily his remit is soil so he doesn't need to be dynamic. The Youth of Today, eh? I blame the parents! (etc.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE