Need advise about knife making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chrisvreugd

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Netherlands
hi, I'm planning to make my own knife I would like to make my own Fallkniven F1!!!
I really love the whole design. I know you can get them from fallkniven, but they are a little expensive :-(
so can anyone help me with a better idea?

leon-1

Chris, you could try making one from O1 tool steel, but you would need a template if you are going to use the stock removal method. Someone may be able to supply you with one if anyone has an F1 blank that they are working on.

Worst comes to the worst and you cannot get a template drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

chrisvreugd

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Netherlands
I think the template from greenpete is good, I like it! thanks bothyman! Now all I need is someone that can tell me where to get O1 tool steel from? Perhaps there is someone how has some?

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
Try http://www.cromwell.co.uk/browse?page=10, I would suggest getting the 4mm x 30mm x 500mm ground flat stock which is precision ground O1 steel. O1 is easy to saw, file, drill and grind and makes a very good knife. If you have difficulty getting it heat treated, ask on Britishblades, there are a lot of very helpful people on there who uses O1.

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
chrisvreugd said:
I think the template from greenpete is good, I like it! thanks bothyman! Now all I need is someone that can tell me where to get O1 tool steel from? Perhaps there is someone how has some?

Hi, you will find Phoenix Steels an excellent place, that's where I get mine from and I have found them to be of enormous help in the past. There's a link on my site or go to http://www.toolsteels.co.uk/
Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE