My little girl is growing up.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I posted this picture a long time ago of my then month old girl Abigail.

HPIM1977.jpg

Well, here she is today after we put the Zeltbahn up in the garden and made a "tup o' tea" together! She wanted to go to the woods today but it was a little chilly and she has a bit of a runny nose. If this weekend shapes up, we'll be off up the woods and may even spend her first night out. She's 3 years old now!

0804040002.jpg

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Cherish these moments, it seems like yesterday my girls were that small. Now there's one in college, one about to start and one wanting a horse really bad! Then there's the Eagle Scout!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Mine's the same age and loves camping too, we're throwing their kit in the boot and going to see Andy/Oakleaf (who's sausages are the best in the world according to Megan) after the funeral. My wee peoples first jaunt north of the border!!

It's good at this age as they don't take up too much room in the tent.:D

Here are my two in the woods at the S Wales meet with Jed jnr (left). Not sure they are 'bushcraft green' kids.;)

January08019.jpg

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Wow, Spam I remember you posting the first picture of her. How the time flys, she looks like she's becoming quite the bushcraftin' gal! :You_Rock_ (both of you)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
Heavens Spam that takes me back...my baby is 26 in a couple of weeks :eek:
Summer's coming...before you know it she'll be sleeping outside with the backdoor unlocked so she can get in and you won't sleep until you know she is ;) :D
During the long summer holidays you'll wonder why you bothered making their beds......and they dive in four times a day for food and bolt back out the door again :rolleyes: they bring their friends too and it's only when you count heads you realise there're more than you remember of these little mucky, suntanned, happy people around....:confused:

Best of times...hope you both enjoy them :)

:grouphug:
Toddy

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
before you know it she'll be sleeping outside with the backdoor unlocked so she can get in
Our youngest spent many months sleeping in a tent in the garden a couple of years ago - through rain, snow, wind, everything. If you look at the satellite image of the place on Google maps you can see his tent in the garden (they obviously don't update the images around here very often):
leefarm.jpg

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
My eldest is 3 as well, it's a great age, just starting to get really interested in stuff. Loves the outdoors too.

I was packing for a weekend out last month and she tried to hide herself in a box of stuff that was for the car!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Comments such as,
"I know the birds are awake sweetheart, but Mummy really doesn't need to be yet :sigh:"
"I can hear your tummy is empty too! :rolleyes: :D "
"No, fires are not a good idea under the washing lines! :eek: ! "
"Trust me, the burn is not a good bath.....and that's a leech, not a pregnant worm :yuck: "
"Oatcakes do taste better cooked outdoors, don't they? So do sausages "
"You are not sleeping up the tree...I don't care if the squirrels do or not....:bluThinki ."
"Yes, you can play with the hose.....and your brother....and your uncle :naughty: "
"That's Orion, when he's up clear it's time to think of back into your own bed; can you find the Pole Star?"

I swore I'd never nag at my boys to make me a Grandma; their lives not mine, but sometimes..... I miss this :eek:

M

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
My wee girls 22 now and we used to camp and youth hostel when she was young. She fledged a few years ago but we are planning a family camp soon so it never leaves them. The other thing that has changed is there is a lot more gear for the little uns. Enjoy enjoy enjoy...
jon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I love it too, I just long for the days of not being knackered.

She looks like you are firmly wrapped around that little finger Spam.:D

Nah, none of the girls have managed that yet! they know how far to push it, sometimes they cross the line and they find out quickly when they do! No doubt as they get older they will perfect their ways of getting my money, lifts to and from the night club, more money to spend in the night club, money for clothes to wear in the night club, etc. etc. etc.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It could be that instead they'll do the whole,
"But Daaaad..... I neeeeed a new Swanni, I want a new woodlore...... :D "
Maybe ??

Nice story & pics Spamel.

My lad's 3 and he keeps on asking when we can go & play in the hammock or cook bannock...

I'm a duty warden at the local Scout campsite & he comes along and 'helps', I usually take some of my kit along to have a play with in my spare time (not that I usually get any), so he's familiar with a fair bit of the kit.

A while ago when I was cooking lunch for us I realised we were out of bread, so cooked up bannock (on the hob), I didn't realise it would be so memorable but all of a sudden he's started saying he wants to do it again - although it's always at the most inappropriate times !!

He also loves helping me build fires, although he's very good and never gets too close.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
3 is a lovely age and Abigail looks like a lovely girl, you're a lucky man. I've got a 3 year old and i think it's a great age, so many changes, personality coming through big and strong (a bit too strong sometimes!)

3 a magical age :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE