MSR pots recall

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just been sent a link to a recall on MSR pots.....there must be hundreds if not thousands of them in use among us :sigh:

Having said that, it reads as though it's not so much a recall as a please get in touch and we'll send you a replacement handle, kind of thing.

Reactions: scruff

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
I have there old alpine pots must be 20 years old now bought from Cotswold outdoors new they now look black and a couple of dents but still going strong and still in use

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Daft question, but I'm told it's even dumber not to ask.

Has anybody ever had or heard of an MSR pot that the handle fell off?

Reactions: Toddy

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Did wonder if there was a law suit that might have got settled out of court.

Something obviously convinced MSR to issue replacements.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Maybe they're just wanting to make their product as good as it can be for their customers? It's not unknown, albeit increasingly rare.

It's a while ago so I can't recall the exact details, but a company in Canada that I did some testing for ages ago once sent every customer who'd bought a particular product a replacement part. A screw or bolt, iirc. Something very minor anyway. Testing hadn't found a problem; most customers hadn't found a problem. One guy found a teeny issue that could be fixed. So they fixed it and sent out the replacement part free of charge to every single person who'd bought the product.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
If you look at the affected pots is the same handle type based around the Reactor design.

I sold my Reactor and only have a Windburner now so no work for me. The older Alpine pots are bombproof.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE