MORA Forest Blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
Hi!
I got the Mora after catching some impressive reviews on it (including a destruction-test video on youtube!). It arrived promptly by Heinnie Haynes and I took it with me when I went wildcamping in the Lake District last weekend. It performed superbly. However I noticed that on the spine of the blade there seems to be jagged edges and maybe some splitting (?)
Just wondering if this is normal for a blade spine to look?

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

Heres an extreme close-up:
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x152/mayan_013/?action=view&current=DSC_0530.jpg

What do you think? Is this normal or should I be sending this back?
:confused:

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
It's a result of the manufacturing process, where blade blanks are stamped/punched from a massive steel sheet. They don't bother to clean it up because that would cost money. You can clean it with a fine file or a stone if you want, it does help when sparking a ferro-rod.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
I´ve seen only one Mora until yet, that was finished at the spine and it is the Mora Bushcraft Triflex I bought the other day!
All other Mora´s are look the same as on your pictures - so stay with it!
It won´t make the knife less working or is a problem when using!

Mora have to make a decision - should they stay up with cheap "workhorses" or should they do a nice looking collectors item!
I think they´ll stay with first! :D

All the best and have fun with your Mora - that´s what it is designed for ;-)
cheers
Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE