mora classic

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Has anyone heard of the maker E. Jonsson? .

I use a lot of E Jonsson blades in the knives I rehandle....I find them supurb - great steel and easy to sharpen, holds a good edge...all the good stuff!
I have tried researching the brand but have come up against a brick wall.
But then my Google-fu is weak :eek:
Greatblades though! :)

Has anyone heard of the maker E. Jonsson? As far as I knew when I visited Mora a few years ago there were only two makers left there Frost and Erikson. The former bought out the latter a couple of years ago and have re branded as Mora of Sweden. Personally it would not surprise me if this £5 knife is a Chinese knock off though I would be happy to be proven otherwise.

Arrived today says jonsson on the blade but the sheath says mora of sweden
nice knife feels good in the hand sharp straight from the delivery packaging and the sheath is tolerable for the moment
Sam

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
There are some special models around. I found this:

100423craftleather.jpg

A Mora Classic Original. 98 mm laminated blade. Leather sheath. Almost mirror finish. No secondary micro bevel, for craft use ...

I bought two. One as a gift to a helpful neighbour, and one for myself.

Do you have the same tradition of never gifting an edged blade? Only sell it. Perhaps for a few pence only, as a symbolic payment. Otherwise you may cut the bonds between friends. So I have never ever been given an edged tool, nor ever given one away, without that symbolic payment.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Do you have the same tradition of never gifting an edged blade? Only sell it. Perhaps for a few pence only, as a symbolic payment. Otherwise you may cut the bonds between friends. So I have never ever been given an edged tool, nor ever given one away, without that symbolic payment.

S'posed to give a silver coin if someone gifts you a knife or it will cut the bonds of the friendship - or so I've always been told.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
E. Jönsson of Mora, Sweden is still a knife manufacturer. The company is still alive, only does carbon steel blades. You can contact them if you like

This company was discussed on swedish outdoor board utsidan.se

FlyFisherPSU

Aug 14, 2011
USA
Hey Guys, Sorry to bump this old thread, but it inspired me to bu my first mora. I instantly had to mod it to my own specs. Check it out, let me know what you think. I sanded the original red handle then added finger grooves with a 3/4" dowel rod wrapped with 60 grit sand paper.
2110w2x.jpg
6qcro4.jpg

FlyFisherPSU

Aug 14, 2011
USA
Hey Guys, Sorry to bump this old thread, but it inspired me to bu my first mora. I instantly had to mod it to my own specs. Check it out, let me know what you think. I sanded the original red handle then added finger grooves with a 3/4" dowel rod wrapped with 60 grit sand paper.
2110w2x.jpg
6qcro4.jpg

Sorry guys, wouldnt let me edit my own thread!!!!! here is another pic that didnt work in the last post.
2wmqu1g.jpg
I forgot to add that i stained it with "gunstock" color oil based cabot penetrating stain, had just minimal blotching.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE