Modified #9 Opinel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Modified #9 Opinel
I reshaped the handle ,reprofiled the blade ,fitted a stainless lanyard hole and dyed it.

431_3160_1.jpg

431_3165_1.jpg

431_3169_1.jpg

rb

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Very nice conversion I hope you dont mind if I copy your modification Ive had an Opinel for 20 years its a bit wonky now and needs retiring but is still used for opening cases and cutting shrink wrap etc at work. Its so usable when it needs a sharpen I rub it up on a brick and every 6 months I feel guilty and take it home for a proper going over on a stone, steel, and strop. Thanks for the inspiration .

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Veeerry tidy, your standard is consistently high - we keep buying other blades but, really,.....there's not much sharper than an Opinel....

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I really cant remember how i did the blade mojo ,i did it at christmas and finished the handle yesterday.
I think i used a dremmel with a small grinding stone :eek:

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Lovely, neat work (as ever) RB.

Similar to what I've done on various of mine, but mine look (comparitively) like I gnawed away the excess with my teeth :eek:

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE