MOD model D survival/ air crew knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
Would that make Vegemite the Aussie survival version?
happy0009.gif

As Whoopi Goldberg once said "Vegemite is disgusting, it's like licking a cats' a***hole!"

And as Bill Connelly replied "Who did your research?!"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I'm a bit confused by some of the terminology here. Although they differ physically from manufacturer to manufacturer I believe that all the issue knives are "Knife, Survival Type D"'s. Before they went over to the NSN, 5110-99-127-8215 the codes (for the same Item) were
Army 1B/4594
RAF 27c/2360 and
RN 0274/4594

Saying that some way to differentiate the two obvious variations, the earlier (better) ones with the convex blades and bolt on handles and the later ones with the poor steel and big copper rivets is needed.

If I'm wrong (more than likely) please pull me up as all I'm going on is Ron Flooks book.

I realy liked mine, split no end of logs with it back as a student.

ATB

Tom

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Just out of curiosity, what does the Webtex version look like?

I've modded my MOD blade :rolleyes: - I'll get some pictures up when I remember.

Rat

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Good bit of information on the history of the blades there Tombear , Cheers.
To be honest not being a collector I put it up out of interest really I use mine like most do as a log splitter.
Twodogs

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Had my Wilkinson Sword model D since it was issued in the early 80s. Gets used occasionally and is an extremely good chopper and general field knife. I carried it cos being issued no-one could tell me off for carrying it on my webbing. I did butcher the sheath though and made a DPM cover with a belt loop as the leather was getting rather distressed being slung in and out of my landy.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE