Midlands Winter '08 Meet.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Tentatively I'd love to come, especially as I've missed the earlier Midlands meet. I need to double check with the good ladies diary first so I will confirm later this week.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Only problem is you keep making it difficult for yourself and keep pitching in a different spot each time Mike. :D

I don't want to make it to easy Steve there is something quiet satisfying standing in the middle of a holly bush in the pitch black in the middle of a wood (lost):D thinking what was plan B again

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I just bought myself a smaller one man tent, hopefully Ill be able to attend this meet. unfortunately I made a bit of boo boo buying this tent. I bidded £17 on it on ebay it was closing in 6 minutes. Bargain! I thought, but then I looked it up and discovered not only did it have poor reviews due to condensation it retails for £10.99 !! I hoped and prayed Id be outbid, but I wasnt and now the tent is sat in my living room :(
And the moral is...Look before you leap, even if there is only 6 minutes bidding left!!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've only slept in a bivi under a tarp a couple of times (and that was in mid-summer) and my sleeping bag is a 2 - 3 season Vango (I would say more 2 than 3) so apart from the exceedingly obvious (it'll be cold, wear thicker clothes) are there any tips for camping in Winter? I particularly thinking about for over-night.

Cheers

Depending on how snug your bivvi bag is - use wool blankets. The quantity would depend on whether you're a warm or cold sleeper and space in the bivvi bag. Don't try to cram them into the sleeping bag as this could compact the insulation and actually make you colder, instead use them under and over the sleeping bag. It's the same principle as layering clothes to regulate temperature.

I don't want to make it to easy Steve there is something quiet satisfying standing in the middle of a holly bush in the pitch black in the middle of a wood (lost):D thinking what was plan B again

Wasn't Plan B was making strategic use of bungy cordage?
jumping0006.gif

Any idea where it would be?

sign0013.gif

Erm ... sorry, memory problems. The info Andy posted is correct (thanks Andy).

I've now modified the initial post in this thread to show where and price - one day I'll get this stuff down right
jumping0039.gif

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Curse my poor memory
fighting0079.gif
fighting0056.gif

I'll not assume those who have stated interest have retained it.

Meet list:

decorum,

Copy, paste, insert yourself alphabetically etc

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Wasn't Plan B was making strategic use of bungy cordage?

To much stretch I could have ended up in the next campsite:eek: 240mg of codeine phosphate and alcohol chasers didn't help

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
To much stretch I could have ended up in the next campsite

Enough stretch and you'd be able to vist all the sites :D - if you could dodge enogh trees and bushes - I know birching is supposed to be good for the circulation, but I doubt it if the twigs are still attached to the tree :lmao: - After the 'Machete Incident', the 'Invisible Rabbit Non-incident', the 'Mad Axe-man Incident' and the 'Jetboil UXB Incident' our Meets could become 'The T1tch(y) and Scratchy Show' :lmao: (sorry :eek:
scared0018.gif
).

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Meet list:
Andy2112 + JT tents/bivvy/tarp, not decided as first time bivvy user:eek:
decorum,
Humpback (Alan Gough) Hammock
Mesquite - ground dwelling

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Meet list:
Andy2112 + JT tents/bivvy/tarp, not decided as first time bivvy user
decorum,
Wayland

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
decorum,
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
decorum,
spamel - mini mega tarp!
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I've inserted myself alphabetically

Woodstock hammock :theyareon
decorum,
Wallenstein - tent
Wayland

:sad6: I'll get my coat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE