Midlands meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi skint you have PM inbound.
I've not roasted a Yam before - just got to be tried :D I've also picked up a karela to try - I'd not even heard of it before but thought I'd give it a go :rolleyes:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Talk about wrong time right place :censored:
I came back from a wander about an hour ago. I found, for the first time ever, cramp balls. I'll have a search but I can't see that they'll be ready for the weekend - I may be wrong.
I also found a crop of birch polypore (I took two) but I know they won't have dried out :( .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Note to all: wrap up warm as it's been frosty here for the last couple of nights.
Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend :cool:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thank you all for a great weekend.

My appologies for spending time away 'pressing the flesh' (so to speak) - no promises but hopefully forum members will reap the rewards in the not too distant future :D

Hope we can do it again soon.
Want me to start on the next one then? It would be a pleasure :cool: to get together with any or all those who attended this weekend (and those who didn't ;) ) - It was an all too rare treat to feel so chilled with a group of almost complete strangers - to all of you :You_Rock_

Michelle; beat wishes: :present:

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Michelle; beat wishes: :present:

Thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed myself :D

I think I'll be staying in for the winter though, my poor nose ;)

I hope that more people will come next time, a small group is good although a bigger one is great. It's definitely a site for the family so I would recommend that if any one wants to bring the kids on their first bushcrafting trip, this would be the site.

The twins can't stop talking about it:)

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
Want me to start on the next one then?

I'm up for it. Will have a new group buy blanket in hopefully 2-3 weeks so will be desperate to try it out before taking it up north. The colder the better for that. Perhaps a bit more minimal on equipment next time although I'll miss my seat.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday Michelle and hope we will see you at one next year.

JonBaker

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I am up from another meet. I think it is an ideal location. Hopefully I will be able to do the whole weekend next time.

It sounds like I missed out on all the food!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
And ... here we go again :D

As I said in the thread above I spent a bit of time networking this past weekend and I've been asked if I'd put together a bushcraft 'type' weekend for a few people (non-forum members at the mo) and would like to offer the chance to members of the forum to come along and join in.

The location will, again, be Rough Close Campsite and their preferred weekend is 16-18 November - though they'll be ok with the following weekend if that's better for forum members - anyone up for a late autumn Midlands meet?

skint

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Leicestershire
their preferred weekend is 16-18 November

Hmmmm... this is the same weekend as the Loch Tay meet that I was hoping to go to so will have to pick one or the other. Would prefer any other weekend if poss?

Nice to hear some new potential recruits close by. Work em Phil!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi all,

Sorry skint I hadn't clicked that you're off to Loch Tay in three weeks - I may need to do a hot shoe shuffle on this one to get this meet in prior to loch Tay :neo2: - I hope that you can come along too Jon. I'll have a conflab about the dates with bods at this end to see whether they're up for a short notice Meet :burnout: , like you lot they're pretty flexible :cool:

Now that I know that there's definate interest in a November Meet I'll open a new thread; as Michelle suggested (hope to see you in the Spring :p ) - I didn't want to open a new thread for a meet which will be quite short notice and then fall heavily on my butt :eek:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi,
No confirmed plans at the moment. I've been wondering about when to start touting the next meet though :D.

Anyone up for another Midlands Meet?
Any suggestions for dates?

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi,
No confirmed plans at the moment. I've been wondering about when to start touting the next meet though :D.
Now would be a good time :D
Have a great New year everyone

Anyone up for another Midlands Meet? I would be as i missed the other one

Any suggestions for dates?

Did you settle on a location

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE