Midlands Meet Mushrooms! (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I didnt take any photos while I was there, but due to their being so many mushrooms, and us having lots of little ID books, I learnt several new ones and even tasted a couple too. heres ones I learnt or saw for the first time....

Note: Don't eat any just because it looks like the ones eaten here, many mushrooms have similar poisonous cousins.

First one, thanks to Wayland showing us all we could eat these ominous looking things :)
Amethyst Deceiver

amethyst-deceiver-marymead-birch-wood-2-nov-07-reduced.jpg

Common Puffball
common-puffball-1.jpg

shaggy parasol
shaggy_parasol.jpg

NON EDIBLE! MUSHROOMS!
Stinkhorn. Those strange little jelly eggs we found were definately stinkhorn
photo.jpg

stinkhorn "egg"
1343691044_484fee20f4.jpg

candlesnuff
151-3ae.jpg

Poisonous but pretty, I found a few patches whislt lost somewhere.

Fly Agaric
fly_agaric_800.jpg

These were quite near the main fire, I was suprised I didnt notice them until the last day.
Anyone remember anymore?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A few from me. First up is, I am sure, a Death Cap. It looks to be all white in the picture, but it was dark under the canopy. Thre cap had a green tinge to it, sort of olive like.

0809270008.jpg

0809270009.jpg

0809270010.jpg

I will obviously prefer the expert opinions though, mine is just a simple guess!

Unknown, funky looking!

0809270011.jpg

0809270012.jpg

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
glad to see somebody took photos! i forgot my camera, which is a shame because I like to photograph things and compair them online to mushrooms , that way I can view several different specimens, not just one photo. Ill have a look for these that you posted.

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
That one you think is a death cap is in fact Amanita citrina the 'false death cap'. They are fairly easy to confuse... just as well A. citrina is inedible!

The main difference between both is that A. phalloides has a distinct volval sack at the base compared to A. citrina with has a basal bulb with no 'sack' which is well illustrated in first picture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE