Rough Close OTS Meet (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just had a great time at the Outdoor Trade Show meet last weekend.

It was great meeting up with some good friends and relaxing in the woods with them. Thank you Phil for facilitating it :You_Rock_

Anyway here's a few pics I took of the weekend, sorry for the quality of some of them as I was using my phone camera

My sweet home for the weekend
IMAG0144.jpg

Someone else's home
IMAG0145.jpg

The weather forecast was so nice some people decided to do away with tarps (just for the record Gary moved the canvas throws over his kit to protect them during the night :))
IMAG0146.jpg

Gary and John making sulphur matches
IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

The end product of their activities
IMAG0149.jpg

We had this Stinkhorn come up about 10 feet from the communal area
IMAG0150.jpg

Didin't smell too bad at first but by the time it got to this size the flies obviously thought differently, and so did we :rolleyes:
IMAG0157.jpg

We went for a little bimble and came across this yellow slime mould
IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

We also found some more Stinkhorns just emerging... there were loads of them dotted all around the site
IMAG0155.jpg

Well John... which looks, and probably tasted, better? :rolleyes:
IMAG0158.jpg

Teepee's firepit... a great idea if you've a bad back and don't want to be bending down too much :)
IMAG0160.jpg

On the last day John did a bit of wax carving. The wax was from Goats Cheese mini Babybels :)
IMAG0163.jpg

And of course there was lots of bushcraft TV each night :D
IMAG0164.jpg

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to all those who came along to this Mini-Meet, 'twas a good'un :D

Friday's pitch. Unfortunately I forgot to take any additional pics when I'd slung the Loue up after breakfast on Saturday:eek: .

Looks great Steve, hoping for more of the same weather in October when I pop down.

Windy

We have it on order. As with all providers, delivery times can be a bit hit and miss :eek: :rofl:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice pics Steve :)

It was a good-un' again.

Thanks from me for sorting this out again Phil :bigok:

I have a chigger count of 2 so far, I've not done bad :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks very civilized considering who was there :)

Oh it was... food was good as well :)

I did Spag bol cooked from scratch served on fresh egg spaghetti pasta on the Friday night and slow cooked lamb shanks in a minty gravy with new potatoes on the Saturday night :D

udamiano

On a new journey
Great weekend in spite of being eaten alive by chiggers.

Yep totally eaten alive! 14 confirmed bites on each leg :mosquitos:

Thanks as always goes to Decorum for doing the organisational part :You_Rock_
And Steve, for a truly excellent Spag bol :bigok: on the Friday

Goods ODTS, spent today with Mr fenna walking around checking out whats new and interesting.

Nice catching up with those faces behind the phone calls and e-mails.

Certainly some very interesting products which Im certain, that will appear in reviews in the not to distant future :theyareon

Da

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Glad you all have a good time despite the chiggers, lamb sounded rather nice :cool:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Glad it went well - apart from the chiggers - and sorry not to be there - apart from the chiggers - but my (previously booked) commitment in Yorkshire went well - despite all the rain and wet ground.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE