Material choice for clothing...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blood

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2014
Fflint
Howdy all

Picked up a couple of wool blankets 2m sq each for a quid the other to get stocked up for bed roll and smock projects and got to thinking could I use the material from a polish army tipi for a wind and water resistant top smock. It seems to have all the qualities required, and you get a lot of material from them.

has anyone else done this yet?

Many thanks

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Certainly the Polish teepee canvas has been well proofed so is pretty much waterproof. Water beads and runs off. Still breathable too.

Blood

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2014
Fflint
Well I've got one that I only use one side when out in boonies so I reckon I'm gonna have sore fingers soon...
Charity shop for a donor pattern me thinks

Blood

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2014
Fflint
Where did you get blankets for quid?! I've been looking everywhere to no avail. eBay seems to to very expensive for them.

Jim

Well I went to a dog rescue charity shop and asked do you have wool blankets.
"This here is all we have," says she' "But it's not wool, it's cheap fleece so 50p each"
Thought I'd have a better look at them and low and behold, it's wool alright.
Not to dampen her mood I failed to enlighten her. "I take them ta. How often do you get these?" Says I
"I throw away more than I sell, so I do"
Well not anymore, I will be picking these up every time I go up that way and will offer them up for swaps as and when :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE