make your own fire snot. Methanol Jelly.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Iv'e got some lime jelly in the cupboard and some coleman fuel in the shed . i have a little project for the morning .
I better watch the eyebrows:yikes:

Craig...................

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Right whats next ? Anyone got a recipe for semtex:lmao:

Craig.............

I had a jolly roger cook book once (now a terrorist manual would you believe?) and it stated that to start making plastique you must "boil bleach on a stove until the white fumes disappear"
heh

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
From Wikipedia....

Semtex is a general-purpose plastic explosive containing RDX and PETN.[1] It is used in commercial blasting, demolition, and in certain military applications. Semtex became notoriously popular with terrorists because it was, until recently, extremely difficult to detect,[2] as in the case of Pan Am Flight 103.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
interestingly if you add some iron oxide powder, and aluminium powder (AKA thermite!) the home made snot will burn through sheet steel - well according to the almighty interweb anyhow.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
interestingly if you add some iron oxide powder, and aluminium powder (AKA thermite!) the home made snot will burn through sheet steel - well according to the almighty interweb anyhow.

I wonder what effect magnesium carbonate (climbing chalk) would have .

Craig.............

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
SWMBO won't let me try making the snot without a real reason for it. So what can this stuff be used for?

I'm making some because it makes it easier to store and use. It's less likely to leak and taint your gear. You don't need a stove to use it (the commercial stuff just comes in a tin which you light then snuff out and put the lid back on when you're not using it) or you can just put a blob on a rock.

Oh yeah, and it's fun to make your own - I want to experiment with the mix - slow burning, fast burning etc. (Hence the thermite research). Also thinking of indiana jones style torches made from the stuff.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
like this idea..could you use garden lime and metholayted spirits? Got a big bag of this for the allotment so heres hoping..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE