make your own fire snot. Methanol Jelly.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I made some! It works, and a little of the gelling solution goes a long way. Nearly chucked it as when initially mixed nowt happened. But this morning it had set solid.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
i was thinking of the anarchists cook book, but wasn't sure whether i'd be suggesting or warning!

Yes, i remember that. It was still around on the net a few years back but had some well dodgy info. It was rumoured (conspiracy theory here we go!) that the cia had hacked it to cause damage to people trying to manufacture explosives/ devices and the like in the same way as they once released "tampered with" pencil timer detonators into the terrorist circles in the hope they would set off explosions prematurely and kill the perpetrators!

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Not that I advocate doing so, and it makes THICK clouds of black smoke, but expanded polystyrene and petrol makes a very good gelled fuel ideal for lighting bonfires on rainy November evenings.

It didnt go down too well with the Mrs though when she asked what I used to light it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE