Madbear Vildmark 4 poly cotton lavvu with a spare outer!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
For sale is my polycotton Lavvu from Madbear.

I initially had a couple of issues with the canvas sagging under extreme rain but in the end the owner of Madbear was kind enough to send me some upgrades and spares so here is a full list of whats included:

Inner mozzie skin (not usually standard for lavvus)

Ground sheet (could do with a couple of the latches being resewn but no biggie, to be honest I hardly ever use it anyway as I prefer the grass when using my stove.

Poly cotton fire retardant outer x2, I still have the original one too, so basically you get 2 lavvus for the price of one. Just add pole! A few of the tabs are missing from the replacement skin so I always meant to sit down in front of the TV and resew them, just never got round to it. Good thing about having a second canvas is the quantity of spares that can be nicked from the original!!! The cavas size is huge so the older one could be used for all manner of things!

Centre pole. I had to drill a bolt through the bottom section as it seized one point and in the process of unseizing it I used a bit too much force and distorted the lock part, works absolutely fine now and no longer seizes!

2 x tophats, both complete, one never used.

I sprayed one of the canvases with fabsil last year so wont need to be done for a while. I would suggest an evening of sewing in front of the TV would be useful just to ensure that all of the peg loops etc are in place, there are certainly enough with both canvases i just never got round to it.

Lavvus are fantastic lightweight bits of kit, you will not find a tent roomier for the weight!

Only selling as i am going for a belltent, i dont use the kayak as much as i used to so weight less of an issue, the bell can be lobbed in the boot of the car.

Pic from the manufacturers site:

bjorn4main.jpg

Crap pics i have taken in the past:

P1010774.jpg

P1010773.jpg

Very roomy inside, we have actually had at least 10 in here!!!

If i could keep it i would, Lavvus are amazing, fire retardent lightweight tents, perfect for all weather camping especially if used in conjunction with a stove!

A bargain (IMO) at £280, prefer collection if possible but can be shipped

Also advertised on BB

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
An absolute steal, somebody gave me the link when you stuck it up on BB last week. If I hadn't just bought a new one two weeks ago this would've been perfect.

Good luck with the sale, have a bump on me

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Does it have a vent for a chimney off a stove?

Yep, the top hand wraps around the chimney. Used a fronteir stove in it many times, just make sure you have a spark arrestor on the top of the chimney. I also modded my stove pipe to have a heat shield, easily done

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE