Ma wee boy caught his first fish :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 18, 2011
Scotland
Ma wee boy turned 4 today so me, my dad, my grandad and my great grandad took him fishing, which he loves.

After 8 hours of fishing the wee man caught a wee salmon looking thing and the rest of us caught nil lol.

Good morning out.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
fantastic, you have had it now, thats what started me, and the passion has never left me, i caught a 27 pond 6 ounce the weekend, and was over the moon.
it will keep of the streets and on the strait and narrow, which is what is needed in our day and age.
take care
lee.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Awesome!
I remember taking my girlfriend out fishing for the first time (I know, i'm a romantic:p). After explaining the concept of casting, she had a go. Before the bait hit the water, a fish jumped out and grabbed hold of it! One fickin' cast, without getting the bloody hook wet! She quit there and then, happier than a pig in ****

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The only fish that I've ever caught was a conger eel, just 10 minutes into my first session. My uncles caught nothing.

Didn't find it addictive, but I wouldn't mind getting back into it now.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Well done to your lad!

Great feeling isn't it? I only got into fishing recently, and my lad got the bug really quick. He managed three on his first outing (none above a pound in weight, but he didn't care, and they all went back in "to fetch their grandads"). He was made up when he pulled the first one out.

If he hadn't bust both his wrists playing fox and hounds at cubs last week, we'd be out at the pond right now...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE