Lunchtime bimble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Went down to Calderwood Country Park for a wander and to have lunch. The paths were tretcherous as it has thawed and frozen multiple times here and has turned everything to thick ice. Took the first turn off the path and heres where I ended up,

IMG_6258.jpg

Decided to have some grub, gave me the chance to try out my new stove,

IMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

Wind calmed down a bit so I took down the tarp, and had a little nap,

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

I also took my new hammock out for a spin, no pics I'm afraid other than this one, which shows the difference in size compared to my DD. In the DD theres treestraps+ring suspension plus the hammock, in the drybag whoopies and hammock. Some difference!!

IMG_6268.jpg

:)

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Cheers guys.

The drybag is the XXS exped bag (1l). Wasn't sure if it'd be too small and got the XS (3l), too. As it turns out it fits fine and the XS is too big but also too small for my tarp (doh)

Whitebox stove is a little beast. And yes you're right it did sear the food LOL. Tasted real good tho!

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have a whitebox too and its great, boils water fast and is so light....if I want a quick no fuss brew I'll use it ahead of my hobo stove. But simmering or gentle cooking is out of the question.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE