Looking to rent a holiday cottage in scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Or Northumbria...

Dad is as usual inefficient at finding a place.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Mill Bothy near Traquair, the bit I have rented is the single story bothy on the left, not the main house on the right. Quiet, nice places to walk or drive to, not so handy if you don't have a car though, you would have to walk to Innerleithen.

:)

Last edited:

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
http://www.cottageguide.co.uk/dumfries-galloway/

In Galloway for the Galloway forest, and the 'dark skies' area (light pollution kept to a minimum for stargazing). That's anything near Newton Stewart, wigtownshire.

No 4 is up the Nith Valley, it's near the Drumlanrig caslte - you've got woods, moorlands and lots of hill around - it's a beautiful part of the country & i can loan you the ordnance survey maps for the area if you want them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Which area of Scotland do you have in mind?

The FC cabins at Strathyre are nicely located for some easy walking, good pubs and plenty of exploring to do. Other nice lochs within short driving distance, Aberfoyle and Dukes Pass area is nice, take a drive down to Loch Katrine too.

We've based ourselves at Airlie House which has lovely rooms or you can hire the whole house if needed.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Could you be a tad more specific as to your location choice or are your not bothered?(east coast,west coast,central,highlands and islands,and or Northumbria?)Damn it Shewie beat me to it....

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
As above, first suss out where you want to be and go from there.

Loads round this area. I do know someone in Aviemore who has a cabin, look up 'Lurchers Cabin Aviemore'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE