Lidl folding saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
My local Lidl store will be selling a folding saw for 2.99 can't see any promotions on line but it's advertised on store. The blade is 61/2 inches long thought it said it has a locking device. Sending wife in to get one tomorrow any good will send in to get some more.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I supply Aldi folding saws to my students but use a Laplander myself.
The Aldi ones are very good but not quite as good as my Laplander.
In terms of Value for Money the Aldi one wins hands down!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Got mine about 5yrs ago, when aldi were selling them in pairs. I now work as a gardener & they are still going strong in the tool box, one for above ground & one for roots etc... & I don't get upset when the labourers use them.
I've got a bahco , a silky & a big folding bow saw, but they all cost good money & they are mine !, not for use by others.

Rob

Mar 14, 2015
Elgin
Just got myself folding saw from Lidl, or £2.99. It has a 7" sturdy blade, rubber handle and the lock works well too. Quite happy with it, will get another as a spare. If you are looking for one then I would recommend it.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Saw..(no pun) them today, I might just give one a try. @£2.99 what you got to lose?

I bought a Wilco's one last year, Carbon Steel, and it has served me well. I bent it, but it straightened out just fine. pretty sure it was only £4.

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
I have a Fiskars where the blade slides out of the body and locks with a thumbscrew, bought from Homebase a few years ago.

i find the sliding variety quite a bit more compact and fits the hand better than the folding type in use.

Have bought a Lidl folding saw in the past and are great for the money at £2.99. I even got two for £1.50 in their sale so what a bargain. They had fine and medium teeth versions, got both and medium was better for cutting green wood. Damian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE