Lake fishing!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Longstrider said:
I'm guessing that the Tele Carp has a test curve of about 2lbs ? That will mean that it's fine for casting lures and lighter weights up to a couple of ounces, but for more "serious" beach casting you will find that you need a heavier more specialized rod. The tele Carp will be fine for mullet fishing in calmer waters such as harbours and inlets as well as bass fishing with lures or mackerelling with spinners or feathers. Feathers may need a heavier weight than the rod is comfy with in some conditions and with feathers you always stand a chance of hitting a shoal of mackeral and getting one on each feather in the string. Hauling in half a dozen mackerel and your weight might prove more than the rod can bear.
The rod should be perfectly usable as a freshwater lure rod too. Try small spinners and plugs for perch and chub or larger lures for pike. Best to have long forceps or similar and a leather gardening glove for unhooking pike with though. They have over 700 teeth that will make mincmeat of your fingers if you get it wrong. Also make certain to use a wire trace with lures to prevent being "bitten off". Pike fishing is best started by going with someone who knows the score so you can learn from them. If you are mobile and can get to my area I'd be glad to take you out for a days lure chucking sometime. I've plenty of kit so all you would need would be your rod and your reel fitted with 10 to 15 lb line.

3lb test curve (Good Guess though!! :You_Rock_ )

I do occasionally get out oyur way with work, if I can see a slope off early oportunity I will give you a shout! (always good to meet up if nothing else!)

Thanks for the advice! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE