Kia sportage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Been looking for an old 4x4 to run till it dies but still be useable off road. Anyway someone offered me a 1999 sportage for next to nowt but I don't know much about them. Anyone got any feedback

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Simple mechanics, thin metal that rusts. Quality of paint substandard (compared to Japanase and European cars).
Questionable crash protection.
If it is running, good tyres and MOT OK and cheap - why not?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm currently looking at a new Sportage... they're a solid car from the research I've done. Not sure about the old ones, but the deals on the new ones are pretty damn good.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
KIA is a popular brand here ( we have high import duties). The new ones seems to be good for the money. Paintwork ages quickly here, I see that US, Chinese and Korean cars get weathered paint within a couple of years, mainly on the bonnet and roof (sun damage).
Mechanically they are much simpler than euro cars, which is not bad.
You do get a lot of car for the money.

I imported two ex Wehrmacht G-wagens recently, through a UK dealer. Much, much better vehicles than the equivalent Defender.
I am restoring one (mine) of the Gs now. Then wife's will get the same resto.
I am selling her GLK, once mine is restored I will sell one of my newer cars.

( I love cars)

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh boy... the GLK is one nice automobile... why would you ever want rid of a GLK?

The Mercedes G63 is a puppy I'd like to own, especially the 6 wheeled AMG monster. V8 engine, technological gadgets galore and 6, six, wheels... that thing is a full English breakfast with extra breakfast. Beans on toast with a side order of steak. 1990's Britney Spears with a bottle of Krug Clos du Mesnil. Or a night in the Sahara looking up at the night sky (there is a good reason the Egyptians believed what they believed).

I'd give up a kidney for a G63, which would be quite a thing considering where I sent the other one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE