Kia Ora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I

ika a Whiro

Hi people, I am ika a Whiro, and i am new to this site.

I am part Maori, of the Taranaki iwi, i have lived in the UK now for some time now and am laid up with an injusy so thought i would see what the deal is with you guys.
Dont know what to say 'bout me really, im big, a bit black and like a party, but i love me outdoors, back home its all i know.
As a Maori you only have a few options, you either get into drugs, go to jail work in rubbish jobs or become a cockie, so thats what i did.
Back hoem i hunt pigs n possums, and we live right on the beach so we spend a lot of time there.
Great to meet you guys, only been reading the site for a bit but it looks Kapai!

Cookie.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A very warm welcome to you mate... you are more than welcome here. Feel free to get stuck into the forums and if you have any questions, just ask, we are quite a friendly bunch and I'm sure someone will have an answer for you or point you in the right direction..... though with your hunting expierence I'm sure a few of us will be picking your brains on the subject :D

Take care ;)
Ed

I

ika a Whiro

Ed said:
A very warm welcome to you mate... you are more than welcome here. Feel free to get stuck into the forums and if you have any questions, just ask, we are quite a friendly bunch and I'm sure someone will have an answer for you or point you in the right direction..... though with your hunting expierence I'm sure a few of us will be picking your brains on the subject :D

Take care ;)
Ed

Hi Ed mate, great to meet ya, you sure seem like a friendly bunch, and i cant wait to get stuck in.
You all feel free to ask away, my pa gave me my first gun at 7 and i have been gathering paua on the beach since i could walk!

Cookie

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello again :) I'm pleased to finally see you got in to the forums :cool:

Maori craftsmanship using natural resources is excellent, glad you came to join us.

atb,
Toddy

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
Hi, welcome and glad to meet you, make use of the great resource that is BCUK, were all a friendly bunch here, i'm sure we'll pick your brains at some point...

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
.... on a side note, can i ask what your user name 'ika a Whiro' means??? I know what 'Kia Ora' means and can just about work out what your sig 'Toitu he whenua, whatungarongaro he tangato ' means.... but your user name has me stumped :(

Ed

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Ed said:
.... on a side note, can i ask what your user name 'ika a Whiro' means??? I know what 'Kia Ora' means and can just about work out what your sig 'Toitu he whenua, whatungarongaro he tangato ' means.... but your user name has me stumped :(

Ed
I think it means something like "an old, battle tried warrior"

Piki mai! Kake mai!
He wahi mihi tenei ki a koutou
rangatira ma!
Haeri mai!
Haere mai ki runga i tenei marae.
Mauria mai o koutou mate.
Haere, e nga mate!
Haere ki te kainga tuturu.
Haere ki to tatou Matua i te rangi.
Haere, haere, haere!

I

ika a Whiro

Tadpole said:
I think it means something like "an old, battle tried warrior"

Piki mai! Kake mai!
He wahi mihi tenei ki a koutou
rangatira ma!
Haeri mai!
Haere mai ki runga i tenei marae.
Mauria mai o koutou mate.
Haere, e nga mate!
Haere ki te kainga tuturu.
Haere ki to tatou Matua i te rangi.
Haere, haere, haere!

tēnā rawa atu koe.

You have made me feel welcome.

My name means tired warrior. It was my ancestors name from when he faught the British, and i was given it as a mark of respect.
The welcome i have received has been warm and i thank you all for that.

Cookie.

I

ika a Whiro

Toddy said:
Hello again :) I'm pleased to finally see you got in to the forums :cool:

Maori craftsmanship using natural resources is excellent, glad you came to join us.

atb,
Toddy

Hi Toddy, thank you very much bro for getting me online, and talking to me when i was not.
and thank you everyone else for making it possible to get connected. Heaps of Kapai for ya all eh.

I even managed to load in my Ta Moko from a few years ago as an Avatar

Cookie

I

ika a Whiro

So bro's, whats the hot topic at the moment?

I have read some of the gear stuff, that was cool. Any of you guys ever use Kiwi stuff like Swandri or Swazi?

Cookie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE