Kelty or Hilleberg Tarps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leemann

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2004
In the year 2022
Hello Folks.

I'm new here and need to ask a question how good are Kelty or Hilleberg
tarps and does anyone have a preference?. I'm looking to get a tarp for my
72 hour kit.

Thanks Tons :You_Rock_

Lee

leon-1

Hi mate, welcome to BCUK, how many people is the tarp for?

I have not got a great deal of experience of either and I know of other companys that make them, I would suggest what we tend to use over here if it is for one person, but the shipping may, make that prohibitive.

I know that Hilleberg make superb equipment, but they are very pricey. See if you can find some independant reviews of both the Kelty and the Hilleberg. I did notice the difference in cost between the Kelty Noah's and the Hillebergs and liked the idea that you could get poles specifically for that tarp.

We do have other members from the US so they will probably be able to give you a more informed answer sorry I could not be of more help, all the best in your search :)

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I have a Hilleberg Tarp XP 10 which I was lucky to get at a very reasonable price from a dealer in the USA.
It is an excellent shelter and nice and big - 11.5ft by 10 ft. The supplied line-runners are a great feature. I bought some for my other tarp, an Integral Designs Sil-Tarp2.
I have no experience of Kelty gear, but you would not be disappointed with a Hilleberg tarp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE