It's snowing again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Actually, it's honking down and has been for about 5 hrs now. I took myself off out with the iconograph earlier and it wasn't too bad, but by the time I got back, I decided it was snow tyre time!

this is Hookergate seen from "tit hill"(honestly):rolleyes:
P1210041copyresized.jpg

this is the main entrance to Chopwell Wood,This was on my way in. When I came back out,a couple of hours later, there was about 4 inches of snow on the road.
P1210046copyresized.jpg

Our normal base for "operations":cool:
P1210057copyresized.jpg

all in all, as predicted a few days ago and then apparently forgotten! I mentioned the fact that I had heard a forecast of 20cm of snow over the northern hills, and no one else seemed to have heard of it till last night-:p

Just got to get to Sunderland and back now! mutter mutter bloody mutter:11doh:

Hah! love my snurr tya's( geordie snow tyre's)

Take care all
R.B.;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ahh, the infamous Chopwell woods. I really need to pay a visit one day, preferrably when our Eric is feeling a bit better and the sun is shining and he has his pole lathe set up.

:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It has poured all day here until half an hour ago when the world has gone awfully still and suddenly cold. The gritters have been out all afternoon, even in the rain, and the sky looks 'heavy'.
I'm struggling to keep awake these wet, overcast days, I feel like I'm 78 year old auntie cat napping all day, at least snow is light and brightens up the world at bit. I know it can be a pain too ,but oh I wish, go on, "Let it Snow ! " :)

cheers,
Toddy

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
It has poured all day here until half an hour ago when the world has gone awfully still and suddenly cold. The gritters have been out all afternoon, even in the rain, and the sky looks 'heavy'.
I'm struggling to keep awake these wet, overcast days, I feel like I'm 78 year old auntie cat napping all day, at least snow is light and brightens up the world at bit. I know it can be a pain too ,but oh I wish, go on, "Let it Snow ! " :)

cheers,
Toddy

That big bank of low cloud that's moving down on us from the north looks like it might hold some snow for us yet Toddy. :D

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
It is just tipping it down here, has been since yesterday lunch, even Preston got a mention in the news for flood warnings, I can't ever remember that before.:eek:

I used to have a pond in the garden, now I have a border round the pond!:Wow:

I would love some good thick snow, great to get out is do a bit in the woods and great for tracking.

Oh well, I will just have to stick to looking at the pictures. I was born in the NE (Cester -Le-Street) so I remember what propper snow looks like.

Safe trip to Sunderland. :drive:

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Tis been snowing here in Northeast Iowa also - since last night. About 4 inches right now, and another 3 or 4 predicted before it's all over.

All the little ... critters ... are swarming my bird feeders - including the small deer that just cleaned out everything she could reach. Kind of upset the dozen or so cardinals though.

At least it isn't supposed to be so cold tonight. Was -18 (F) Saturday morning, -25 (F) Sunday morning! They're only talking around 0 (F) tonight.

So it goes - out here in the Hinterlands

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Mike, I knew our transatlantic cousins would have something to say about the snow!:D

I've recently discovered google earth and while tinkering on with it, found that it can display the prevailing weather conditions where ever you look.( not sure how accurately)

I did actually scan over your way and noticed some seriously sub zero temperatures:eek:
The thing is, where you are,I would imagine it has to be pretty bad before everything comes to a grinding halt.
Here?, well to be honest, it's a bit of joke. literally half an inch of of snow can stop the world spinning!
anyhow, best wishes and keep warm!
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE