Is white gas the same as super unleaded

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
They probably just don't want to be sued when some Darwin Award candidate manages to set himself ablaze with the stuff. I seem to recall some media reports trying to blame the Minister for Petrol or whoever, when someone ignited herself whilst transferring petrol from one container to another in her kitchen with the gas ring going at the same time.

Yep, I remember that one. The trouble is that H&S now allows these people to get to breeding age and pass on their dumba** gene! Before they would have been weeded out of the gene pool at an earlier age.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I thought super-unleaded referred only to a higher octane rating - ie 97+ as opposed to 95. Some bikes and cars - eg the latest BMW bikes for example - recommend only super-unleaded for performance purposes. (and my son-in-law insists only putting super-unleaded in his massively-tuned Evo!) It will still have all the additives that 95 octane will, therefore being a bit iffy for stoves.

Having said all that, in emergencies I would have no problems at all running most of my "petrol" stoves on unleaded (I ran my Optimus 8 stove on unleaded for years back in the 70/80s with no issues at all - just drain a bit out of the bike's tank, as did all of my biking mates). However, I'd probably want to give the more modern ones like the Omnifuel a thorough cleaning afterwards, once the emergency was over....

And many Coleman stoves sell them as dual fuel - unleaded and Coleman fuel. Bearing in mind the litigious nature of American society, I can't see them doing that if it was going to create problems.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cant say I have ever had a problem running my coleman or msr on petrol, had them 18 and 12 years respectively.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Different poles and the bird aint fury

Bingo! I presume you are referring to the birds not being furry rather than the 'Angry Birds' app.! :D Of course there is The North Pole, The South Pole and the Poles 'comin over ere, taking our jobs, workin ard and showin us all up, it ain't on I tell ya, it ain't on'

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
If you stay with the factual reasons. Neither polar bears or penguins can talk and I don't think polar bears can reach thier bums with thier feet.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
If you bite the head and tail off of a penguin, you can suck your coffee up through the middle.

All the wafer melts and turns into a warm and waffery chocolatey taste sensation. :coffee:

Back to the original question though :jacked:....

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Super unleaded would be a worse choice than normal unleaded as there are more additives used to up the octane rating. If you are in a sticky position for fuel then I would go for white spirit before unleaded petrol.

resnikov

If you bite the head and tail off of a penguin, you can suck your coffee up through the middle.

All the wafer melts and turns into a warm and waffery chocolatey taste sensation. :coffee:

Back to the original question though :jacked:....

That is known as a Tim Tam orgasm in Australia as the don't have penguins there apart from the fairy penguins and they are to small to dip in your tea.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
That is known as a Tim Tam orgasm in Australia as the don't have penguins there apart from the fairy penguins and they are to small to dip in your tea.

Nice one Res :) A Kiwi girl showed me how she could s-s-s-suck the innards out of a p-p-p-penguin, never knew about Tim Tams. They sound ace-better than our Penguins.

Googling it suggests sucking Baileys or better still, whiskey through 'em. Inspired. :cool:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
At which point I would have been looking for a golf ball and a garden hose!

pyle.jpg

Cue cheeky grin. ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE