Is there a Fjallraven Helags 40L Rucksack Outhere?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
Hello all. I was wondering if someone had a Fjallraven Helags pack that they wanted to move on? If so please let me know. Thanks.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hen's teeth, mate, I spent a lot of time and effort at the end of the Summer searching high and low and couldn't get a sniff of one. There are a good few people on the same search and it makes you wonder why they're not still in production. :confused:

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
I thought that this might be the case. Just thought I would go "fishing" to see if there might have been one lurking. I have seen similar Fjallraven packs that might work, but in pine green. Havent seen this colour in the flesh so to speak - but thought it might have been a crazy light coloured green!? I think that as they seem to be such a soughafter pack that Fjallraven might have considered another run - even if it was limited to retest the water.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I've been searching for a long while too. Can't find one on eBay (all countries) or any old stock. That is very rare in this day and age!

Let me know if you find any?!?!

Good luck.

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
Just checked and not available. This must be a really rare beast. I think those that have one, they remain as a "keeper". So if this seems to be non-starter in the short term - what do we all think as suitable alternatives - Kaipack 38? Berghaus Munro? I have also looked at differing companies, to see if something else might work - eg. Rivendell in the US, Frost River (but like something a little more hiking orientated - hip strap). Any suggestions?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm very happy with my Predator 35, the only thing I miss sometimes is a pair of small side pockets; I've got some that go on the Molle at the sides but it can be a faff at times. This aside, though, it's a very good little pack and nowhere near the price of the Helags.

heikoA.

Jan 2, 2016
frankfurt
hi there!
i was looking for the Helags for ages as well. I was close to quit! i was constantly browsing Ebay and Outdoor Threads.
Then all of a sudden, there was one! I did'nt wait till the Auction was over and wrote directly to the Seller and made an Offer.
Three days later i got it in the mail.
last week, there was one up for sale on the german Bushcraft forum.

Thats what i would do, try all the other Outdoor forums and Treads in all countrys, you might see one there.
Good luck!

heikoA.

Jan 2, 2016
frankfurt
Hello There!
Let me tell You my story about the Helags.
I was really into this Bag and wanted one for ages. I was looking through Threads and ebays all over the World. It seemed, there was not a single One out there. it got very bad, when i found a little store adress somewhere in East Germany, that apparently hab a black one in stock. At this point, i was really digging deep, like on the 45. Page of google search.
I called the Dude, very excited just to find out, that he accidently forgott to take it off his site.
days later, there was one on the german Ebay ( for about an hour), the auction was set for a week.
i texted the seller and we agreed on a price (150.-€)
three days later the Helags was mine.
why do i write this? Because its still possible to get your hands on one. you need persistence and a bit of luck.
look through all the outdoor threads out there ( other countrys!), check ebay constantly and you might score.
its well worth it. i have not seen a bag in a very long time, that it that good and beautiful.

ps: excuse my english.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I am still looking too.

A bit obsessed to be honest - probably the thrill of the chase/out of reach.

So - if anyone sees one or , better still, has one, let me know!

Cheers. 😎

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2016
Buckinghamshire
So it seems that the Helags is a sought after bit of kit. Never new that.

When I was searching for a smaller expedition sack than the Sabre 60-100. I came across the Helags in my search, it also had the back size I neeed. I managed to pick one up easily enough from Cotswold, though that was back in February '14. Got a Black number; 'tis a great load carrying apparatus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE