In Need of Another Weekend Away?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I know we are.

So……

Again, the basic idea is for a laid back meet, nothing rigidly organised, just kind of chilling out. There is a small wooded area, mainly pine trees but we’ve had a few hammocks up in there no problems and there is plenty of room for tents. A fire isn’t a problem, although firewood is in short supply and providing someone could bring a boss, there is plenty of room for archery. If anyone wanted to do a demo of some kind then we can talk about that too.

The farm is between New Cumnock and Kirkconnel on the border of Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway and could run from say Friday till Monday, although if anyone wanted to arrive earlier or stay later that’s not a problem either.

The dates would be the weekend of the 17, 18 & 19th of October. (Nathans birthday weekend)

Would there be anybody interested in this?

If so, you know the crack, just let me know ;)

For anyone needing further info on the last weekend here, see the following:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32556

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33494

Dave

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Hi Dave,
nothing planed for that weekend yet so should be good to go...Libby should be with me this time, will confirm nearer the time,
jon

Gailainne

Life Member
Nice one Dave sounds like a plan, I'll bring along the hammock this time, now I know theres some nice trees to hang from :D. Anything planned for Nathans Birthday ? Let us know if Liz needs us to bring anything.

I thought snipers idea of bring his extraneous stuff was an excellent one, so I might do that if no-one has any objections.

Mark and Beth, dont know if your coming or not but if you are I can bring along the HH expedition and the JJ bridge hammock for Beth and others to try out, I like the look of the Clarke North American, may be next on my hit list :rolleyes:

Regards

Stephen

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
nothing planed for that weekend yet so should be good to go...Libby should be with me this time, will confirm nearer the time,
jon

Great, looking forward to meeting her Jon. Does that mean you'll be on your best behaviour?

Anything planned for Nathans Birthday ?

No nothing really, he's just happy to be sitting round the fire having a chat and a brew. Maybe something stronger since he'll be 17 ;)

I thought snipers idea of bring his extraneous stuff was an excellent one, so I might do that if no-one has any objections.

Sounds good to me Stephen

Dave are we doing as suggested at the last meet putting into a kitty for food, or bring our own?

What ever people want to do. Liz is more than happy to cook :rolleyes: but if the consensus is bring your own then thats ok too. We / she will need to know so she can devise her menu :D ;)

Dave

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Good chance I'll take a wander down. Will bring the usual toys.

Glad this thread came up again. Hadn't noticed it stashed away in there.

:)
Josh

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't come :( Sorry Dave and Liz and Nathan (Happy Birthday btw :D )
I'm already up to my ears in film stuff and I promised a while back to the Crannog folks that I'd come up for their primitive pyrotechnology event the weekend before.

Hopefully see you all soon though.

atb,
M

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I was gutted I missed the last one, so I'm going to try for this one. I'll let you know fairly soon.
Eric

No probs Eric, be lovely to see you again

Good chance I'll take a wander down. Will bring the usual toys.

Glad this thread came up again. Hadn't noticed it stashed away in there. :)
Josh

I was unsure where to post it to be honest, if you can think of a better place then I'm sure one of the friendly mods will move it for me :D

I would love to come - I'll need to check if I can get that weekend off.

Would be great to see you again Doc, haven't seen you since the Dumfries & Galloway Game Fair in 2007 :eek:

I can't come :( Sorry Dave and Liz and Nathan (Happy Birthday btw :D )
I'm already up to my ears in film stuff and I promised a while back to the Crannog folks that I'd come up for their primitive pyrotechnology event the weekend before.

Hopefully see you all soon though.

atb,
M

Yea I know M, but we just couldn't wait until the filming was finished to have another one, Liz has really gotten the bug :D We will of course be getting together before the end of the year, I'm sure :cool: How did it go in Latvia?

Hi Dave Maxine and i, will try are best for this one.

Bernie

Hope you can make it, be nice to meet you both

Dave

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
As an aside, you've no idea how pleased with myself i am now that I've worked out how to do these multi quote answers :eek: not that you'd ever guess :rolleyes:

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wish I could :rolleyes: :eek: I get in a real fankle with them.

Latvia was fun, I have invites to go back and to go to Norway, Hungary, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Peru.......I think I might stay home though, they all think I need an English translator for my Scots :eek: and here was me thinking I was pretty clearly spoken too :confused:
Latvia is beautiful, woods everywhere, and people use them too :appprove: but it's awfully flat and dry. Cost of living is about a quarter of here, and the people are quietly very helpful. :D
Needless to say I bought amber :eek: :)

atb,
Mary

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
WooHoo! Just spotted this! <runs off to check diary...>

argghh! M-I-L is here that weekend. D'oh!

Beth will definately not be there - I'll see what #1 son wants to do but I bet he will be up for it! I'll let you know.

Stephen - thanks for the offer of the hammock(s) - I'll definately take you up on that if we are there.

All excited now...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE