In case of emergency..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
A chum sent this through today and dam fine idea so I thought that I would share it with you...........
-----------------------------------

Dear All,

Following the disaster in London . . .

The Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston.

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phoneaddress book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do.

Please will you also email this to people you know, it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.

For more info contact;

Kate Wilkinson
2N34D
Department of Health
Quarry House, Quarry Hill
Leeds, LS2 7UE
kate.wilkinson@dh.gsi.gov.uk
0113 2546905

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
It's an excellent simple but effective idea and everyone should be encouraged to do it.

One small issue I came across when doing this on my own mobile was that having the ICE details for SWMBO as well as her own entry in the phone book meant that her name wasn't displayed when she called as the phone see's two names for that number and gets confused, so I didn't answer and got an earbashing from her later.... the solution is to put a * after the number in the ICE entry, eg I C E - the Missus: 079xxxxxx890* - it doesn't affect the number dialed in anyway but means that the phone treats the two numbers differently.

Hope that made sense...

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
NickBristol said:
It's an excellent simple but effective idea and everyone should be encouraged to do it.

One small issue I came across when doing this on my own mobile was that having the ICE details for SWMBO as well as her own entry in the phone book meant that her name wasn't displayed when she called as the phone see's two names for that number and gets confused, so I didn't answer and got an earbashing from her later.... the solution is to put a * after the number in the ICE entry, eg I C E - the Missus: 079xxxxxx890* - it doesn't affect the number dialed in anyway but means that the phone treats the two numbers differently.

Hope that made sense...
I had the same problem, now I know how to fix it thanks!#
I have also used the notes for medical details, allergies etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE