I'm feelin' spiffy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
I'm not long back from a two week jaunt on the (bonnie, bonnie) banks of Loch Lomond (sort of bushcrafty, like; we slept under bashas and built a coracle out of junk we found. It was kinda like what'd happen if the wombles overdosed on Ray Mears), only to find that while I was gone my Grandad had (uncharacteristically, I must add) sent me a lovely new Gransfors Bruks hunters axe, which I'll be sure to review here.... as soon as I sober up enough after the celebration of the decent A-level results I recieved today!

ARRRR! So all is good. I'm sure this thread had a purpose when I started writing it, but I'll be danged if I can remember it now so here's a stand in:

Who else is full of the joys of summer?

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Very good! Congrats on your A-level results, and enjoy your new axe. :D

As for joys of summer, I'm not sure yet. Ask me again in another few weeks once I'm back from holiday (Scotland) - it's hard to feel joyful when stuck in the office :(

leon-1

Rhapsody said:
I'm not long back from a two week jaunt on the (bonnie, bonnie) banks of Loch Lomond (sort of bushcrafty, like; we slept under bashas and built a coracle out of junk we found. It was kinda like what'd happen if the wombles overdosed on Ray Mears), only to find that while I was gone my Grandad had (uncharacteristically, I must add) sent me a lovely new Gransfors Bruks hunters axe, which I'll be sure to review here.... as soon as I sober up enough after the celebration of the decent A-level results I recieved today!

ARRRR! So all is good. I'm sure this thread had a purpose when I started writing it, but I'll be danged if I can remember it now so here's a stand in:

Who else is full of the joys of summer?

Well you are a lucky man, I am a big fan of the GB hunters and have had one for a fair while. They take a wicked edge and cut very effectively :D

Loch Lomond is a beautifull area and I am very envious :)

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
Ranger Bob said:
Its too warm....roll on winter!

I definitely agree with that.

Toddy said:
Now there's an image :D
Congratulations on your results. What are you going to do now?

Cheers,
Toddy.

I'll be off to Bristol University to study Maths, come october. Anyone know of any good Bushcrafty areas around there? Because I think I'm going to miss good old Ash Common :(.

Also yes, leon; Loch Lomond was fantastic. We were on a secluded little bit of the banks across the loch from Tarbet (a place that we could only access by way of an insane scramble down from the West Highland Way path), and waking up to those hills every morning was certainly a pleasure I'll not be quick to forget! Everyone should try it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE