I bet he got in trouble with the missus!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
maybe im expecting the worst to easy, but do i see a lighter in that same picture where hes smoking out the house?

wouldnt be surprised if he lighted his tinder with it,started the timer on his camera and sat there patiently with a bow and drill doin nothing.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I once collected quite a lot of cattail heads (to use for tinder) I didn't really examine it particularly closely, and as it was wet I placed it all in a basket in the airing cupboard to dry. What I didn't realise was that the cattail down was full of very small maggots and when I opened the airing cupboard to have a look if it was dry the little buggers had come alive (due to the warmth I presume) and spilled out and crawled all over the laundry. There were hundreds of them. :confused: :eek: The strife was not at all happy. We're now separated.......................but i don't think it was because of that. Mind you it was around that time :eek:

It posts like that, make me feel really lucky. He has never much minded the crawly mushrooms, and other stuff that goes maggoty. He did try and start a fire with cattial in the living room, between the seed head going puff and speading everywhere and the thick layer of white smoke. It was my idea to use the biscuit tin lid on the laminate as what else do you do to start a fire without a hearth:nono: . Woodwork is done in the kitchen(noramlly by me:D ). Whittling in the living room. Drying rabbits skins got too aromatic even for me, but he kind grimaced through. Nobody I have lived with before has been that tollerant.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE