How did you come to Bushcraft UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What brought you here?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 62 15.3%
  • Direct link from another site

Votes: 52 12.9%
  • Search engine - keyword search

Votes: 237 58.7%
  • Other - he he, I think this can be change to...Don't remember!

Votes: 53 13.1%

• Total voters

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Goose said:
I was told about the site at the Outdoor show 2004 by someone doing a firedrill demo,outside under a parachute, not sure which school he was with though.

that was the BushcraftUK stand in 2004, the guy doing the bowdrill demos was Dave from wildlife

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I was planning a trip to the lake district and did a few internet search topics, I think.

It's quite interesting looking at oldbie member's first posts!

Good job Tony and Team!

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
Google search, if I recall correctly. This was one of the sites I booked marked whilst researching basha and poncho setup's prior to a trip

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I did a google search for bushcraft whilst looking for a decent information forum, I did find a few others but this was by far the best, I tested the waters for a while before diving in and becoming a full member and haven't looked back since.:D

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I kept putting searches for stuff like "cordage how-to-make" "knotweed whistles how-to-make" "how-to-cook ......(any wild plant)" etc etc. I just kept ending up here and thought blooming Hel you lot know alot of stuff :headbang: . Then I put "hogweed" as google search one day, came here read a thread and thought I should contribute to the table rather than just eat from it.

Having found this fantastic place like that though I am really careful what words I put together. Like I try not to say mushroom and m@gic in the same sentance.

:You_Rock_

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I think I'd seen an(the?) old Bushcraft site whilst at Uni. I've gradually got more involved and now I live on my own I can spend as long as I want perusing our lovely forums!
Just wish we all put in more tutorials and projects (now, where's my camera gone :lmao: )

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
Like the holy grail, I saw the link shining before me and it drew my mouse towards it almost as if something or someone was guiding it.

Then I realised it was me!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
if you have been on a bushcraft course, did you find Bushcraftuk then go on a course or the other way around?

Last year I was looking to go a bushraft course and was doing some searching around for people running courses. I came across a review (written by BCUK user 'useless') of a course put on by a school called 'Wildlore' by the user 'useless' and never looked back - went on a course with them, went on another course with them and even met Mr Useless!

subedarmajor

Forager
May 25, 2008
winterton uk
After Mr.the Trog and I attended the same fundamental bushcraft course at Woodlore in 2008, he pointed me here to get in touch with the rest of the community.

Since then no turning back, I've made some new friends [you know who you are;-)]
and I'm picking up handy hints.

Many thanks to all of you for building this community into what it is.

Cheers, Alan.

May 28, 2009
UK
At first I thoght it was kind of stupid until I realized there was a forum. I guess nothing really caught my attention at first.:rolleyes:

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Was looking for woodlore type sites that were NOT about surviving in the woods after the "pockyclips" and having to fend of the Lord Humungus and his band of biker-berserkers on the prowl for "juice." Rather, one that dealt with the just the type of topics discussed on here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE