How did you come to Bushcraft UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What brought you here?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 62 15.3%
  • Direct link from another site

Votes: 52 12.9%
  • Search engine - keyword search

Votes: 237 58.7%
  • Other - he he, I think this can be change to...Don't remember!

Votes: 53 13.1%

• Total voters

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I was searching for some info, and this site came up as recommended by the BBC. Well who was I to turn down the recommendation of the BBC, what else do I pay my licence fee for :lmao: .

Anyway hung around in the background for an age until I was sure I wouldn't get laughed out of dodge :BlueTeamE :BlueTeamE . I have to say this site has not only been a wealth of support and advice but has given me an insight into a bigger picture that I'd not considered when I was playing around on my own.

Cheers Tony and the gang!

Pib

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I found the site via the link on BB. The phrase "So, you actually use that knife for something? " on their Bushcraft Section was a draw to me as so many of the guys there seem to make and/or collect such lovely knives but never seem to do much with them.... (No disrespect to those on BB who do)

Amazing that I should have found BB via an American knife forum and that then led me here, where I feel much more "at home".

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I blame Womble. He was running a backwoods camping demo at our local Scout district open day and I was one of the Archery instructors.

After the open day we (the archery team) were doing a 24 hour shoot for charity and as Womble was camping overnight he wandered over to marvel at the astonishing skill of the archers :lmao: :lmao: and we got to talking.

Haven't looked back since.

My only regret is the amount of money that has passed through my finger due to group buys etc. :ban:

BCUK is one a a very few sites I check every day so can't be all that bad :D

Moduser

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I was looking into the Ultralite scene in the UK and found the site by accident. A great find! I'd been looking for something like this since I left the Army. Being out in the field was one of the best parts of my former career.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I was looking on ebay for some fire-making kit, and found something I liked. So googled it, to see if I could find it cheaper, low and behold, I found a review on this site and decided not to buy the ebay product, as it was not worth the bag it was sold in.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've voted for the "Link from another site" as I seem to remember following a Hoodoo Hone sharpening suggestion from a shooting website. I couldn't believe it was that simple.
A brief look around had me feeling like I'd found home, discussions about all the topics that I held dear and folk who all enjoyed the simpler things in life rather than the "mine is bigger/faster/more expensive than yours" attitude.
It felt good that I could ask a question and I'd get honest, fast replies that didn't cost the earth to impliment and were from people who had experience of the topic in hand.
I can't thank you enough Tony, for coming up with such a great idea as starting this site, I'm still learning and I hope I can continue to offer my help to those who are taking their first steps into this great subject.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
For me, I remember it well. I had always been interested in survival, and someone asked me if I was to be put on a desert island with a shoebox of belongings what would they be. I took this way too seriously and started searching the web for survival stuff. In fact as I remember it wasn't until i saw the 'four seasons' Ray Mears that I started searching for bushcraft, and the rest is history...

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
has anyone actually come here after being told about the site by a bushcraft school? if so which?

if you have been on a bushcraft course, did you find Bushcraftuk then go on a course or the other way around?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i was looking to do a bushcraft course and googled "bushcraft"
found this place, and patrickm's school had a fantastic time and havn't looked back since.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Stuart said:
has anyone actually come here after being told about the site by a bushcraft school? if so which?

if you have been on a bushcraft course, did you find Bushcraftuk then go on a course or the other way around?
I was told about the site at the Outdoor show 2004 by someone doing a firedrill demo,outside under a parachute, not sure which school he was with though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE