How about a bring and buy at the Bushmoot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've been going through my gear lately and there's loads of bits and pieces I just don't use these days. I can't be bothered with selling online, it's a faff going to the post office here.

Have you ever thought of running a bring and buy stall attached to the shop at the moot?

What I was thinking is the bringer sets a price, you label it, include an ID code for the seller and take 10% of sales for the Forum.

Funds and anything not sold at the end could be collected by the sellers at the end of the moot.

Simple, straight forward and a nice earner for the site.

What do you think Tony?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yeah, It's probably a good idea, how many people would like to do it? There should be enough room in the Shop/reception area.

Don't think I've got much to sell but I'd certainly have a look at what others might be selling and possibly buy if funds allow :)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Yeah, It's probably a good idea, how many people would like to do it? There should be enough room in the Shop/reception area.
I've a few bits I'd like to pass on. And of couse have a look at stuff to add to my collection

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If I was there - I would be there!
Unfortunately I cant be there so I will miss it - if its there!
Great idea though - so if it is there again in the future and I can be there - I, if you see what I mean....will be there.....:cool:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm not hijacking the thread just posting so people are aware...

The Moot is now Full

Tickets for the full event have sold out, sorry if you've missed the opportunity but there will be plenty more Moots in the future. We want it to be a great experience for everyone which means keeping the numbers limited.

Day visitors are more than welcome but we're no longer taking bookings through the shop so you'll have to sign in and pay at the event (£20/day).

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I could bring a couple of leather pouches I made, but then again Ill feel dumb if I can't sell them! Im more needing to buy stuff than bring I think.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im afraid Ive left the skins in sheffield which i wont be able to get back in time for the moot. Its a shame because I wanted to sell one and I also have an ostrich leg leather which im unlikely to use so Id like to sell that as well. Possibly the leg can be posted to me but the others are too big.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Im afraid Ive left the skins in sheffield which i wont be able to get back in time for the moot. Its a shame because I wanted to sell one and I also have an ostrich leg leather which im unlikely to use so Id like to sell that as well. Possibly the leg can be posted to me but the others are too big.

If you want me to pick them up for you, I can. Tell me where to go and give me a point of contact and I'll see what I can do.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Cool. Ill see, I just emailed my boyfriend to se if he could post me anything, if not, what time can you go over? Ill PM you the address when I find it, its a new estate and does not appear on GPS or google yet unfortunately though.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I could go on Friday or pop in maybe during the week if I find myself in the area. i work basically around Barnsley, Rotherham, Sheffield, Worksop and Chesterfield so if i am in the area sometime this week I could drop in in the works van and pick them up for you no problems. PM me the area and i can give you a heads up as i get my work for the next day the night before. If not, I'll pop in on Friday on my way down, I'll be setting off hopefully in the morning, but not too early.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE